Notifications
Clear all

Subcision blue/purple bruising normal?

MemberMember
(@lukemslive-com-au)

Posted : 02/16/2021 9:59 pm

Hi all,

I got aggressive subcision + HA filler 4 days ago and the swelling is progressively going down. The cheek isn't tender or red but thebruising on one cheek is a purplish/blue colour with the surrounding area being yellow. I just wanted to check whether this was normal as I want to be proactive just in case this sound like signs of an infection. Does anyone know if this is normal?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 02/16/2021 10:52 pm

47 minutes ago, JohnLC64 said:

Hi all,

I got aggressive subcision + HA filler 4 days ago and the swelling is progressively going down. The cheek isn't tender or red but thebruising on one cheek is a purplish/blue colour with the surrounding area being yellow. I just wanted to check whether this was normal as I want to be proactive just in case this sound like signs of an infection. Does anyone know if this is normal?

Typically, swelling and bruising can last up to 2 weeks. If you're overly concerned about this, you can apply ice and/or take ibuprofen to reduce inflammation.

MemberMember
(@lukemslive-com-au)

Posted : 02/16/2021 10:56 pm

thanks! I was more just concerned about it being an infection but that doesn't seem to be the case.