Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

These are my acne scars under the worst light possible. What do you guys think are the best treatments?I am 16 years old And I know my life is ruined. The pain that these scars cause me is immeasurable. I already did 3 infini rf treatments they helped a little but not as much as i hoped. I am young and short on money   so i cant afford to fly to australia for some acne scar specialist . What can I do? Is it even worh it ? Or do you guys advice to just give up?

F4082541-E6A6-41F7-B887-C69FABDE4440.png

8E8C761F-51DA-40E6-9887-BADFEE5046AE.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't do anymore Infini treatments. They are expensive, have long recovery times, and don't yield as much improvement as they theoretically can. I'm sure other members here will suggest TCA Cross (don't do it yourself). Once everything is settled, lasers may be a good option but you can't just blindly see anybody. Not all lasers and laser operators are made equal.

Where are you located? Maybe someone can point you to a good dermatologist. 

For now, you have to keep your acne in control and keep the hope. There's light at the end of the tunnel. We've all been there. You are lucky in that your skin type makes you a better candidate for certain treatments than other people.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your life isn't ruined and your scars aren't that bad! And other people do not judge you for it as much as you think. You're young. Spend your energy on friends/family and getting really good at something  (or some things) outside of acne scars that you're interested in to give yourself confidence. That will give your life meaning and you won't care about your scars as much, I promise. With the right attitude acne scars won't come close to preventing you from a career, friends, people finding you attractive or an overall good life. If you're struggling, a therapist might be way more beneficial to your life (and cheaper) than an acne scar specialist. 

That being said, if you want to work on your scars, there's nothing wrong with that. But that should be secondary to what I said above. Getting good results can be expensive and it's a long process, but you have to start somewhere. Find a derm who specializes in acne scars if you're going to go that route (ideally consult with more than one and do the thing that they both recommend), and go from there. Don't put too much value on what people advise regarding acne scars on these message boards, a lot of them have no idea what they're talking about or had a bad experience and come here to vent. An acne scar doctor is your best bet, but don't expect miracles

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am located in Belgium/The Netherlands , Infini treatments are quite affordable 300-500€ for me,I got a little less improvement then what i excpected , but im happy that altleast it works and yields some kind of improvement. I am aware that subscision is the best acne treatment but there is only one derm in a 300km radius that performs it (atleast that i am ware of)and he got alot of negative reviews I would like to try 3 more infini rf sessions. my derm also performs tca peel but not tca cross (whats the difference),and she also performs fraxel laser. For some reasons my acne always comes back in the winter but in the summer it is completely gone . Are there any skin care products that actually help with scars ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

I am located in Belgium/The Netherlands , Infini treatments are quite affordable 300-500€ for me,I got a little less improvement then what i excpected , but im happy that altleast it works and yields some kind of improvement. I am aware that subscision is the best acne treatment but there is only one derm in a 300km radius that performs it (atleast that i am ware of)and he got alot of negative reviews I would like to try 3 more infini rf sessions. my derm also performs tca peel but not tca cross (whats the difference),and she also performs fraxel laser. For some reasons my acne always comes back in the winter but in the summer it is completely gone . Are there any skin care products that actually help with scars ?

You have a couple options here.

  1. TCA cross: TCA cross works to eliminate the scar border as much as possible. If you look at the pictures closely, you would see that what's visible is not actually the pits but the shadows. These shadows are created by the borders when light is hit. So once you get rid of the borders, scars should be less visible.
  2. Sculptra + Infini Combo: Sculptra and Infini together will help boost more collagen. Clinical results indicate that the synergistic effect from the combination yields better result than single treatment. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

I am located in Belgium/The Netherlands , Infini treatments are quite affordable 300-500€ for me,I got a little less improvement then what i excpected , but im happy that altleast it works and yields some kind of improvement. I am aware that subscision is the best acne treatment but there is only one derm in a 300km radius that performs it (atleast that i am ware of)and he got alot of negative reviews I would like to try 3 more infini rf sessions. my derm also performs tca peel but not tca cross (whats the difference),and she also performs fraxel laser. For some reasons my acne always comes back in the winter but in the summer it is completely gone . Are there any skin care products that actually help with scars ?

You need to control your breakouts before you do anymore treatments, otherwise you will spend much more to improve any new scars. Talk to a dermatologist about Retin-A, Tazorac, or other Tretinoin or Retinoid. Use benzoyl peroxide to wash your face - or at least a gentle cleanser if you use a prescription topical drug. 

I would not suggest any more Infini treatments. You are 16 and say those are affordable...... my goodness, lots of people wish they were in your shoes. Regardless, I believe there are better treatments. My personal suggestion is to save up for laser treatments years later when you have your acne under control and have tried or considered TCA Cross. I've had Infini performed on my face and the most improvement one can get is very moderate.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Amanda hall my skin only recentlt started to break out again 1-2 week ago . For some reason my skin breaks out in the winter but in the summer im mostly clear. I take action now because i have heard that new scars are alot easier to treat than old scars(is there truth in that?) I Also like to take action now because then I have the feeling that im moving forward and that eases my mental pain.I am currently using epiduo ( do you guys know if this is a good product?)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sirius Lee do you think i would benefit from 3 more infini rf treatments I will look to combine it with sculptra but i cant promise anything. Also is it normal for scars to look worse when your skin is very dry ? As for TCA, Do TCA peels have the same results as TCA cross my derm performs TCA peels but I cant see TCA CROSS anywhere or are they the same?
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

do you think i would benefit from 3 more infini rf treatments. I will look to combine it with sculptra but i cant promise anything.

Infini by itself is not worth it IMO. 

 

4 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

As for TCA, Do TCA peels have the same results as TCA cross my derm performs TCA peels but I cant see TCA CROSS anywhere or are they the same?

TCA "peel" uses lower strength, usually under 50%, and is applied to the entire face.

TCA cross uses higher strength, above 50%, and is normally applied to individual scars.

Only medical professionals (derms and plastics) offer CROSS. MedSpas and Estheticians offer TCA PEEL.

 

4 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

Also is it normal for scars to look worse when your skin is very dry ?

Probably, but not entirely sure. Anyway, if your skin is that super dry, you should be applying a moisturizer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DoneWithLife said:

Amanda hall my skin only recentlt started to break out again 1-2 week ago . For some reason my skin breaks out in the winter but in the summer im mostly clear. I take action now because i have heard that new scars are alot easier to treat than old scars(is there truth in that?) I Also like to take action now because then I have the feeling that im moving forward and that eases my mental pain.I am currently using epiduo ( do you guys know if this is a good product?)

Preventing scars is the best thing, but that is easier said than done. When you get a new scar, put Neosporin or Vaseline on it and keep it moist. Then cover it with a bandaid if possible. Do NOT pick at the scar/pimple/blemish. I used to pop pimples but this is not recommended.

Moisturize your face with a non-comedogenic moisturizer so that your pores do not get clogged. If you use prescription topicals, use a sunscreen to minimize redness on your face.

Save your money for better treatments. Don't rely in Infini to save you. Infini is hyped but I do not believe it delivers all it can promise.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I never pick at my acne and if I have a breakout I make sure that after the pimple is gone to keep it moist for a while(helps with preventing scars apperently) I also but A-Derma Dual repair on it.Are there any other things i can do to further prevent scars. Is there any skincare prodcuts that helps with open pores?Is Epiduo a good retinoid (I am currently using this). I have looked around on the internet for sculptra in a 200Km radius but couldnt find anyone who also performs infini(Sirius lee).I will look a little further the next days. Amanda sorry that i am so attached to infini it is just I know that infini brings some kind of result for me and i am really scared that i am going to spend 1000-2000eur. on a laser treatment that might not bring any results for me.But I have looked into TCA cross and I am surely going to try it in the future. Are there any lasers that you guys recommend ? And are there lasers I need to stay away from ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/11/2021 at 12:26 PM, DoneWithLife said:

I never pick at my acne and if I have a breakout I make sure that after the pimple is gone to keep it moist for a while(helps with preventing scars apperently) I also but A-Derma Dual repair on it.Are there any other things i can do to further prevent scars. Is there any skincare prodcuts that helps with open pores?Is Epiduo a good retinoid (I am currently using this). I have looked around on the internet for sculptra in a 200Km radius but couldnt find anyone who also performs infini(Sirius lee).I will look a little further the next days. Amanda sorry that i am so attached to infini it is just I know that infini brings some kind of result for me and i am really scared that i am going to spend 1000-2000eur. on a laser treatment that might not bring any results for me.But I have looked into TCA cross and I am surely going to try it in the future. Are there any lasers that you guys recommend ? And are there lasers I need to stay away from ?

Don't be sorry. If you see results from Infini, then continue doing it as long as you have the money and downtime. Members, including myself, on this forum do NOT know everything. I don't know what type of scars you have. 

Lasers helped me much more than microneedling, subcision, and Cross, although Cross does take more treatments. I had Total FX done several times. I was offered Fraxel but that is older technology. It could still work, but there are better lasers out there. I've heard Halo was effective but I have no experience with it. Your doctor is hugely important - you can have the best laser but not go aggressive enough, thus wasting the patient's money.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I am aware that you guys do not know everything. I just like to have another persons opinion/view on the matter because sometimes when I get over emotional I am no longer thinking rationaly.I am extremely grateful for all your guys comments/advice.

I will keep you guys updated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×