Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HellishDuffel

Scar Treatment with Dr Weiner

Hello all, I had my first acne scar treatment a few days ago with Dr weiner. Most of my  bigger scars are on my upper cheeks and temples. On my cheeks I have textural issues and some mild icepick scars. We did Subcision and Genius RF. For the TCA,  because of my darker skin type he did a test spot for a few scars and said he'd see how my skin behaves. The subcision was very quick, barely lasted 3-4 minutes, he said I didn't have much tethering. The genius RF was really painful though. Before performing the RF they used some 3D imaging device to determine the depth of my skin.Three passes on my cheeks and two on my temples. The settings they used were 2.4(50), 2(40) , 1.5(30) on my cheeks and 1.5(40),1.2(30) on my temples. My setting were pretty deep because of how thick my skin is.I plan to get 2 treatments from him and see if I get any results. If not I'll move on to another doc. I want to wait for 3 months before getting the next treatment and see how my skin behaves.  I'm currently in the microswelling stage. Will be updating my progress here.

Here are some of the before pics.

R1.jpg.5acb8a2b3e5b8f58b2339e30a0061cab.jpg

L2-st.jpg

L2Angle.jpg

R2-angle.jpg

R2.jpg

Edited by HellishDuffel

Thank you for sharing.  

Did he use any spacer to prevent rethetering of the scars?  Will you be suctioning?  (Unless the scars were not theter in the first place)

Did he do TCA first, then subcision and last Genious?

Were you left with track marks from the Genious?

Did he discuss what level of improvement you should expect from 1 treatment?

thank you and congrats with taking the first step in the journey 

13 hours ago, dakotadakota said:

Thank you for sharing.  

Did he use any spacer to prevent rethetering of the scars?  Will you be suctioning?  (Unless the scars were not theter in the first place)

Did he do TCA first, then subcision and last Genious?

Were you left with track marks from the Genious?

Did he discuss what level of improvement you should expect from 1 treatment?

thank you and congrats with taking the first step in the journey 

Hello,

Didn't use any spacer. I didn't want to do fillers for the first couple of times. I want to see if I can heal naturally through collagen production. Because with filler I'll need to top it up every year or so. There are permanent fillers but there are other risks associated with that. So holding off on any fillers currently. Also he said that my scars weren't tethered that much.

Yes, I'm suctioning, I bought a suction tool off ebay for 10 bucks and I'm using that. I'm not suctioning at the TCA spots since I don't want to disturb the scabs.

Yes, First the TCA test spots, Subcision and then Genius.

I still have track marks from Genius. They seem to slowly fade away though.

Regarding improvements, he didn't really say anything. I forgot to ask him that question. I will evaluate at 2 months or so and see if got any improvements and If it's worth going back for another treatment.

Most of my scars are boxcars, the ones on my temples bother me the most. So I'm hoping Genius works for that. Only  other options are TCA/ phenol cross. I feel subcision is useless for the scars on my temples.

Edited by HellishDuffel