Notifications
Clear all

Question about fillers

MemberMember
(@johnchristoph)

Posted : 01/29/2021 12:58 am

does volumizing fillers actually work to get rid of acne scars. i know people dont like it because its temporary but is this the only thing that works on atrophic scars? also, does fillers result in masking the scar in the same way swelling does after other treatments? just curious as to the results of fillers

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/29/2021 3:11 am

1 hour ago, johnchristoph said:

does volumizing fillers actually work to get rid of acne scars. i know people dont like it because its temporary but is this the only thing that works on atrophic scars? also, does fillers result in masking the scar in the same way swelling does after other treatments? just curious as to the results of fillers

Well, since it adds volume, it will fill the indentations. But it won't "mask" as you would normally see with swelling. It's more like 5 days post-op, where you still seethe indentation but not so much asbefore. That's why you usually end up with a lumpy appearance. To prevent this from happening, you want to get rid of the scar borders as much as possiblebefore you get a filler job.

MemberMember
(@johnchristoph)

Posted : 01/29/2021 6:07 pm

ok thank you. also how definitive of a scar border is necessary to remove before using filler. i would say for the most part the edges of my scars have smoothed down. can i pm you some pics and can u lmk what u think?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 01/29/2021 10:39 pm

4 hours ago, johnchristoph said:

can i pm you some pics and can u lmk what u think?

Sure.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 02/04/2021 11:14 am

On 1/29/2021 at 12:58 AM, johnchristoph said:

It isn't temporary. It's semi-temporary. Subcision and filler will leave the indentation less severe than what is was, because your body will fill-in some of the created space with collagen. Especially if you're using vitamin A and Ctopical treatments during the healing process.