Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jack817

CO2 laser and potential scar widening

Hi folks,

I'm planning to receive Fraxel Repair treatment next Month or so. Based on the conversation with my derm, he has told me that he will spot treat the icepick and boxcars by using fully ablative tip first, then switch to fractional tips to go over my cheeks. He did mention to me that I might see scar widening from the treatment, but he thinks a shallow wider scar is still better than a deep smaller scar.

Therefore, I was wondering for anyone who has CO2 before, do you have the similar experience? 

5 hours ago, Jack817 said:

Hi folks,

I'm planning to receive Fraxel Repair treatment next Month or so. Based on the conversation with my derm, he has told me that he will spot treat the icepick and boxcars by using fully ablative tip first, then switch to fractional tips to go over my cheeks. He did mention to me that I might see scar widening from the treatment, but he thinks a shallow wider scar is still better than a deep smaller scar.

Therefore, I was wondering for anyone who has CO2 before, do you have the similar experience? 

Any treatment can possibly widen your scar. That is the way the scar remodeling supposed to work. During the scar remodeling phase, the scars will literally change shape. As the scar pit gets filled over time, the floor will get pushed up. This will further add tension and pressure to the scar edge, pushing it outward, and likely making the scar widen.