Notifications
Clear all

Fillers for acne scars

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 01/14/2021 7:45 pm

Last time I posted was Dec 2019 when I posted about the scar treatments I had done over the years. In the last two years, I™ve had 2 or 3 icon Xd laser treatments and a few skin pen treatments. 

Most recently, I did fillers which I had been putting off for fear they™d somehow make it look worse. I will say I think fillers are the quickest and most effective thing I™ve done in terms of seeing instant results. 

my doctor did quick subcision on some scars first, then she used a whole vile of Belotero (I believe). In total, it cost me $700.

I am seeing her again in a couple weeks for a round of pico laser before assessing if she needs to add more filler. I™ve attached a photo of my skin in Dec 2019 when I last posted vs today Jan 2021, almost a year later. 

I know the lighting is different so it™s hard to truly compare, but I can tell that some scars on my left cheek especially have elevated and look less glaringly obvious. 

I think the hardest thing to remember is that these scars are permanent. The best we can hope for is improvement, not perfection. 67185001-A00B-47D8-B36F-8267B6A48746.jpeg.9c827da100c9df27190a844c91f9f2be.jpeg

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 01/14/2021 8:57 pm

1 hour ago, Kazalea said:

Last time I posted was Dec 2019 when I posted about the scar treatments I had done over the years. In the last two years, Ive had 2 or 3 icon Xd laser treatments and a few skin pen treatments.

Most recently, I did fillers which I had been putting off for fear theyd somehow make it look worse. I will say I think fillers are the quickest and most effective thing Ive done in terms of seeing instant results.

my doctor did quick subcision on some scars first, then she used a whole vile of Boltero (I believe). In total, it cost me $700.

I am seeing her again in a couple weeks for a round of pico laser before assessing if she needs to add more filler. Ive attached a photo of my skin in Dec 2019 when I last posted vs today Jan 2021, almost a year later.

I know the lighting is different so its hard to truly compare, but I can tell that some scars on my left cheek especially have elevated and look less glaringly obvious.

I think the hardest thing to remember is that these scars are permanent. The best we can hope for is improvement, not perfection.

Was the subcision done with a cannula, and do you think it helped?

I think you mean Belotero. Thanks for letting us know!

Pico laser might be toomild for scars. Do you know which Pico you're getting? Is it PicoSure?PiQo4? Since you have light-ish skin, I think a different laser would make more of a difference. This is just me, but I think a more aggressive laser would help smooth out some of the scars way better than Pico lasers. However, there are greater risks. I got PicoSure done for hyperpigmentation. It did nothing for scars.

Oh yeah, for your subcision with Morganroth, did the Nokor leave any insertion-mark scars? He's a very to-the-point kinda guy who is very confident in his skills...... at least it shows in his personality.

MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 01/15/2021 4:08 am

I am glad to see an "old school forum" updates, I remember your first post and the current improvement is very good.

What do you think is the degree of improvement from the lasers??

MemberMember
(@kazalea)

Posted : 01/15/2021 6:30 am

9 hours ago, Amanda Hall said:

Was the subcision done with a cannula, and do you think it helped?

I think you mean Belotero. Thanks for letting us know!

Pico laser might be toomild for scars. Do you know which Pico you're getting? Is it PicoSure?PiQo4? Since you have light-ish skin, I think a different laser would make more of a difference. This is just me, but I think a more aggressive laser would help smooth out some of the scars way better than Pico lasers. However, there are greater risks. I got PicoSure done for hyperpigmentation. It did nothing for scars.

Oh yeah, for your subcision with Morganroth, did the Nokor leave any insertion-mark scars? He's a very to-the-point kinda guy who is very confident in his skills...... at least it shows in his personality.

She didnt say what she was using for the subcision. She just said she was doing it to create a space for the fillers if the scars appeared tethered.

she simply called the laser pico, not sure which exact one. She actually offered to do the laser for free, so Im not too concerned about whether or not itll make a huge difference. Free is my favorite price so Ill take it lol.

yes, the nokor left insertion marks for about 7-10 days but they faded. It wassimilar to post acne marks for me bc every needle insertion point left a little scab/dark spot.

2 hours ago, Uruguay said:

I am glad to see an "old school forum" updates, I remember your first post and the current improvement is very good.

What do you think is the degree of improvement from the lasers??

Haha yes Ive been doing these for years now! I remember how desperate I used to be before I started any treatments to see real results so I hope people still find these useful.

laserwas more mild. I think lasers temporarily really helps even out the skin tone which can mask the scars a bit. Id say percentage of improvement would be like 20% ish. Not huge but I would still do it again given the chance.

my personal favorite thing Ive done besides fillers is the skin pen. The downtime is minimal, its affordable, and I think the results are comparable to laser - nothing crazy but still better than before.

It s also could just be in my head, but I always feel better if I do something for my scars at least 2x a year. I feel like I need to be consistent and on top of treatments or else I start to notice them more.

Ishayat liked
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 01/15/2021 4:38 pm

10 hours ago, Kazalea said:

She didnt say what she was using for the subcision. She just said she was doing it to create a space for the fillers if the scars appeared tethered.

she simply called the laser pico, not sure which exact one. She actually offered to do the laser for free, so Im not too concerned about whether or not itll make a huge difference. Free is my favorite price so Ill take it lol.

yes, the nokor left insertion marks for about 7-10 days but they faded. It wassimilar to post acne marks for me bc every needle insertion point left a little scab/dark spot.

Haha yes Ive been doing these for years now! I remember how desperate I used to be before I started any treatments to see real results so I hope people still find these useful.

laserwas more mild. I think lasers temporarily really helps even out the skin tone which can mask the scars a bit. Id say percentage of improvement would be like 20% ish. Not huge but I would still do it again given the chance.

my personal favorite thing Ive done besides fillers is the skin pen. The downtime is minimal, its affordable, and I think the results are comparable to laser - nothing crazy but still better than before.

It s also could just be in my head, but I always feel better if I do something for my scars at least 2x a year. I feel like I need to be consistent and on top of treatments or else I start to notice them more.

Thanks for keeping us updated on your progress! Your case really helps us fellow members.

This shows that everyone has different scars and we all heal differently - or it could be that the providers we choose vary quite a bit. For me, microneedling from DermaPen caused more scars. My guess is that the nurse was too aggressive. Fractional CO2 laser treatments smoothed out my scars the most, but many people are apprehensive about getting that done which I completely understand. I think it's something for you to consider to soften up the borders but that's just me. I think you've come a long way and I'm not sure if it's worth it for you to take on big procedures.