Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling at home

MemberMember
(@emily-parker0gmail-com)

Posted : 12/19/2020 12:27 pm

Hi I just bought the derminator to try to help my acne scars.

I am very scared of infection or breakouts from it. For those that dermaroll at home, howdoes everyone sanitize their face before microneedling at home? Is their a special face wash to get? Do you use alcohol disinfectant on the skin as well? That seems harsh. I know to use it on the needles but wasnt sure what to do to the skin before and after. Can someone let me know their routine?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 12/19/2020 1:39 pm

1 hour ago, Emma0803 said:

Hi I just bought the derminator to try to help my acne scars.

I am very scared of infection or breakouts from it. For those that dermaroll at home, howdoes everyone sanitize their face before microneedling at home? Is their a special face wash to get? Do you use alcohol disinfectant on the skin as well? That seems harsh. I know to use it on the needles but wasnt sure what to do to the skin before and after. Can someone let me know their routine?

I don't, lol. You can just wash your face beforehand, I guess, but when I do it, I'm not that worried about infections or breakouts. I wouldn't microneedle after working out and sweating or right after work when your face has makeup or bacteria though. Maybe shower 30 minutes or anan hour prior to microneedling?

During and after the treatment, I use pure Hyaluronic Acid. Then I disinfect with alcohol.

There are instructions here for cleaning the device:Derminator2-instructions.pdf

MemberMember
(@emily-parker0gmail-com)

Posted : 12/19/2020 2:33 pm

Hey Amanda! Do you use the derminator 2 as well? Have you noticed any difference inyour scars?

Also how many millimeters deep do you go?

MemberMember
(@aestheticseeker)

Posted : 12/19/2020 7:57 pm

5 hours ago, Emma0803 said:

Hey Amanda! Do you use the derminator 2 as well? Have you noticed any difference inyour scars?

If you're generally healthy you should fret too much about infection

MM is dependent on area / what you're trying to treat

Where are your acne scars situated and perhapsyou could upload some pics/vids for better guidance

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 12/26/2020 1:08 pm

On 12/19/2020 at 11:33 AM, Emma0803 said:

Yes, I have the Derminator 2 but I've only used it twice so there have been no results. My goal is to alternate between microneedling and TCA peels.

I go about 1.25mm on my temples and 1.5mm everywhere else other than on my forehead which I don't do. Somebody posted a picture of how deep you should microneedle on every part of your face but I don't know which thread it is.

Some have said that in order to get improvement on scars, you need to microneedle at least 1.5mm. For my skin, I would be red for at least a week so I'm not sure I would continually do that due to the downtime.

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 12/26/2020 1:22 pm

I have never heard of people sanitizing their faces but I also wouldn't do it personally because alcohol is pretty harsh for the face. Cleaning your face thoroughly (maybe even double cleansing) is important though.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 12/26/2020 4:31 pm

3 hours ago, boxthatboxcar said:

I have never heard of people sanitizing their faces but I also wouldn't do it personally because alcohol is pretty harsh for the face. Cleaning your face thoroughly (maybe even double cleansing) is important though.

Paranoia is what kills. Not infection.

MemberMember
(@daliasaldanha96gmail-com)

Posted : 12/26/2020 6:51 pm

2 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Paranoia is what kills. Not infection.

I don't understand.