Notifications
Clear all

Advice from people experienced in dealing with gps please!!

MemberMember
(@daisyce13googlemail-com)

Posted : 11/28/2020 11:01 am

Hey guys,

Not sure if anyone will reply but thanks in advance if you do! I've had bad skin since I was 14- its so oily, it literally gets oily 10 minutes after washing my face! I'm 21 now! I also have lots of blackheads and whiteheads and about 4-5 deep painful spots at any one time (not sure if they're called cysts?). I've been prescribed different gels and stuff by my gp, and also am on the combined pill because of my skin and its still this bad, when I came off it for a few months last year my skin got 10 times worse it was awful and I barely left the house actually, and even on the pill I don't leave the house without makeup ever. I'm probably massively over reacting compared to the stuff loads of other acne sufferers go through but I'm just so fed up and I honestly am in an awful mood all day if I wake up and my skin is really bad. 

I'm talking to my gp next week and don't know what to say really, topical treatments don't seem to work and I can't be on the pill forever (and don't want to be). I have a feeling the next step is antibiotics but I just know that will be a temporary solution and I will have to come off them eventually, also I'm scared of antibiotic resistance. Basically I feel like all the treatments offered are temporary solutions that potentially make my skin even worse in the long run. I would love to try isotretinoin/ accutane but I don't think my skin is bad enough (when I'm on the pill anyway) for the gp to ever suggest it...

Does anyone have any advice for a moderately severe acne sufferer? Its bad how much I let my skin affect my life!

Thanks guys :)

MemberMember
(@coffeegirl30)

Posted : 12/20/2020 2:38 am

Not sure how it works in your country, but here you will have to try Antonio for a few months before you can try accutane. 
But my experience is that you have to ask for it :) I saw my GP when leaving in England, wanting to try spiro or accutane, but ended up with three months on antibiotics instead.... 

Next time I saw a GP I said straight that I wanted accutane since I had tried everything else...

hope you get what you want!