Notifications
Clear all

Microneedling results

MemberMember
(@alwayshope)

Posted : 11/22/2020 9:45 pm

I have been using the Derminator once a month for the last three months and was really curious as to the quantifiable results that people have achieved and how many treatments it took. I realize there are other threads on the subject and I have read a few clinical trials that seem to have great results after three to four treatments. I dont see much change after three treatments which is fine since Im willing to do this a long time. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated.

MemberMember
(@lizza-johnson)

Posted : 11/23/2020 6:37 am

The goal of the therapy is to create new collagen and skin tissue for smoother, firmer, and more toned skin. Microneedling is mainly used on the face and may treat different wounds, wrinkles, and large pores. Yourskin can appear smoother, healthier, and ageless over time when done properly and at the correct intervals. But be warned, microneedling can also lead to damaged skin! You can end up with bad skin if not treated the right way and by an approved and trained professional.

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 11/24/2020 12:47 am

On 11/22/2020 at 6:45 PM, alwayshope said:

I have been using the Derminator once a month for the last three months and was really curious as to the quantifiable results that people have achieved and how many treatments it took. I realize there are other threads on the subject and I have read a few clinical trials that seem to have great results after three to four treatments. I dont see much change after three treatments which is fine since Im willing to do this a long time. Any feedback or tips would be appreciated.

Please update fellow members with your results! I'm curious as well.

I purchased the Derminator and used it once. I used the single needle at 1.5mm and I was left with redness for a week to two. I also used the nine-needle cartridge which felt better and left much less redness.

Didn't see results but that's microneedling takes a long time for results to show and it's better in conjunction with other treatments.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/26/2020 4:03 pm

I killed the summer 2018 doing Derminator 1,5-2 mm for 6 times with 4- 6 weeks intervals(may-Oct). The scars became smoother and more spread. In winter everything came back on initial stage. I still use single needle for the edges f the scars before doing tca paint. But no more full face microneedling. Maybe in combination with the energy(Genius) it will workbut on its own No. In the same time I read here the successful stories after using Derminator only. So I suspect it is an individual result for individual skin.

MemberMember
(@alwayshope)

Posted : 11/29/2020 11:51 am

Here is onestudythat I mentioned above that got me to try microneedling. The second post is the youtube video of people treated in the study (supposedly):

Microneedling of Scars: A Large Prospective Study with Long-... : Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (lww.com)

Can Microneedling Improve Scars? Plastic Surgery Hot Topics with Rod J. Rohrich, MD - YouTube

MemberMember
(@f93d)

Posted : 12/02/2020 10:48 pm

If you see my post historyI made a post for needling a while back showing my results for dermaneedling. Ive done it 20+ times.

It didsmooth scar edges, however if you expect it to fill in scars, or fix any type of minor volume loss, itsnot going to happen. If it does happen, its probably microswelling which can last over a month.

From my experience, skinneedling is a waste of time if you want fast, major improvementsfor non-superficialacne scars.

It is cheap and easy to get started, but the results are terrible. Many here can confirm. The number of meh reviews significantly outweigh the positive reviews.

Manyreported glowing results after less than a month since last use, not realizing there was just micro swelling. Collagen builds SLOW, its simply not possible.I was one of those peopleto get overly excited and post a positive review.Its the long term results that matter.

Candy Says and liked