Notifications
Clear all

Settings for Genius RF microneedling?

MemberMember
(@laurenpdxlaurengmail-com)

Posted : 11/17/2020 5:21 pm

What settings should be used for genius RF microneedling for shallow scarsto ensure that you don't experience facial fat loss? How many passes do they normally do?

What settings have y'all used, and what was the experience like?

MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 11/17/2020 8:10 pm

2 hours ago, Uhghatethis said:

What settings should be used for genius RF microneedling for shallow scarsto ensure that you don't experience facial fat loss? How many passes do they normally do?

What settings have y'all used, and what was the experience like?

Some people mention that 2.5mm should be the max and that deeper isn't better. I think3.5mm is the deepest and some doctors will do that and say it's fine but do your research. My doctor did three passes at 3.5mm, 2.5mm, and 1.5mm. Do I trust everything he says? No. But I can't prove him wrong and the price was good and he's very well respected.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 11/17/2020 10:10 pm

Skin thickness may vary depending on the scar type and how fibrotic it is, but the following may be used as a general reference.

image.png.0c4060354b84a4c1b17e0ba950c41564.png

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/17/2020 11:55 pm

From what I've read the skin has epidermis, then dermis, and then comes the facial fat layer. You've got to stay within the dermis to avoid fat loss. The thing is everybody hasdifferent skin thickness and what is deep for some people may not be deep enough for others. I've read that most docs stay within the average depth range of 2.5mm on the cheeks. On the forehead it's less, the skin there is thinner. Some doctors like Weineruse ultrasound to measure the skin thickness. Anyways you'd better be advised to find a doctor who can assess your skin properly, which can bedifficult. If your doc wants to do deeper than 2.5 - 3mm ask themwhy and see what they say.