Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sam

Differin 0.1%

Is Differin 0.1% the same as Retin A (Tretinoin) and can you apply it straight after dermarolling or dermapen.

Edited by Sam

They are both retinoids and achieve the same effect.  My derm has told me that differin tends to be less irritating but also weaker compared to retin a so start with differin. Do not apply it straight after dermarolling.  I would wait at least 72 hours if not a whole week until after most of the swelling subsides.  

I was using Isotrex,but the Dr says its been discontinued.Every other Tretinoin product (Retinova and Retin A) I've used,have been discontinued of the years.

Is there anywhere I can get Retin A (Janssen-Cilag) from,possibly without a prescription?

I have been getting RF microneedling by a professional...I had been doing home derma-stamping/microneedling prior to that. I use the OTC Differin .1%. You only need a prescription for the .3% strength. Myself, for both home treatments and the professional RF, I don't use anything that night. Depending on how I feel the next night, I may resume or wait another night. Either way, it's not like my face is going to fall off. If I were using the stronger .3% (prescription strength) I would be inclined to wait another night to resume. I have been using the .1% for over 2 years now though, so my face is well acclimated to it.  

On 11/11/2020 at 3:03 PM, Aba2020 said:

I used Differin and I think RetinA is more effective. Differin didn't do anything for my skin. 

Differin works well when I put an occlusive substance on top

I wish 0.3% was available OTC. Not a fan of some of these regulations