Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AmericanInKorea

Best acne scar treatment in Korea?

Hi there. I've had acne scars for many years (~8 years) and have done some treatments for them with some (but limited) success. Most recently, I did 4 rounds of subcision, 4 rounds of Genius RF Microneedling, and 2 rounds of Bellfill filler.

My scars really bother me and hurt my self-esteem. I am looking for recommendations for treatments and doctors to see in Korea.

The main thing I am looking to treat is the atrophic scars. Something I'm also looking to treat (but it's less important) is the redness/discoloration. 

Worth noting that I finished Accutane around 2.5 months ago, so my understanding is that I should wait another 3.5 months before doing any more acne scar treatments.

Thank you for your time.

front.jpg

left.jpg

right.jpg

9 hours ago, AmericanInKorea said:

1. Most recently, I did 4 rounds of subcision, 4 rounds of Genius RF Microneedling, and 2 rounds of Bellfill filler.

2. Worth noting that I finished Accutane around 2.5 months ago, so my understanding is that I should wait another 3.5 months before doing any more acne scar treatments.

Some clarification please. First, that is a lot of treatment. You say you got them most recently. Did you get all those treatments while you were on Accutane? How far were the treatments spaced out (eg. every 6 weeks, every 3 months, etc)? Moreover, how much improvement are you seeing in the aftermath of those treatments?

Thanks for your reply. I did the acne scar treatments before the accutane. Treatments were spaced 3 months apart. I originally thought there was some improvement, but looking at my photos, I think it was very minimal.

I just HATE all the bumps and craters. Any recommendations are appreciated. :(

Thank you.

15 hours ago, AmericanInKorea said:

Thanks for your reply. I did the acne scar treatments before the accutane. Treatments were spaced 3 months apart. I originally thought there was some improvement, but looking at my photos, I think it was very minimal.

I just HATE all the bumps and craters. Any recommendations are appreciated. :(

Thank you.

You mostly have rolling scars and enlarged pores, with a few boxcars. Subcision is usually recommended for rolling scars but if you had 4 subcisions already, I don't believe any more will bring much benefit. What I suggest is a combination of Sculptra + Genius RF for the rolling scars, and 40%-50% TCA for the enlarged pores and boxcars.

I can't recommed any doctor or clinic (because I don't know) but googling "sculptra in seoul" fetched a lot of results, like this one:

https://www.medicaldepartures.com/clinics/sculptra/south-korea

9 hours ago, AmericanInKorea said:

Thank you for the recommendations, Sirius. I will pursue those things. Would you say 6 months after last dose of Accutane is okay?

That should be fine. I should also note, to answer your previous question, that this will take some time. I imagine at least 2 years. Good luck.