Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris11100011

Acne Scar Treatment Plan

Hi all, first time poster and wanted to get peoples take on my scars.  I had a very bad and random cystic outbreak that is under control now ( have a little breakout from a fraxel treatment I did 10 days ago).   So far I’ve done 5x laser genesis treatments for redness and 1x fraxel dual treatment.  The current dr (very good and highly rated dr) suggested 4-6x fraxel dual spaced 6 weeks apart.  Is this a good treatment plan?  I’ve read a lot about subcision / filler and wondering if that’s something I should look into.  Let me know, thanks!

2A87A7AD-3D71-4F74-AFC7-BCE2370CCFE7.jpeg

D4D5C997-6C1A-4CC6-883C-582EA0C12C06.jpeg

DE68A757-0094-4898-8712-0AE27119D835.jpeg

On 10/20/2020 at 12:32 PM, Chris11100011 said:

The current dr (very good and highly rated dr) suggested 4-6x fraxel dual spaced 6 weeks apart.  Is this a good treatment plan?

I hate to break it out to you, but Fraxel is old-school. Fraxel Dual is even worse, since it's a lightweight geared more towards wrinkles than scars. Techonology has clearly evolved a lot since and you'll be better off going with other better treatments. Moreover, I don't think laser should be your first choice. Lastly, unless you don't mind fattening up your doctor's pocket, getting 4-6 treatments every 6 weeks is overkill IMO. 

On 11/10/2020 at 9:51 PM, Sirius Lee said:

I hate to break it out to you, but Fraxel is old-school. Fraxel Dual is even worse, since it's a lightweight geared more towards wrinkles than scars. Techonology has clearly evolved a lot since and you'll be better off going with other better treatments. Moreover, I don't think laser should be your first choice. Lastly, unless you don't mind fattening up your doctor's pocket, getting 4-6 treatments every 6 weeks is overkill IMO. 

That doctor needs a new car.