Notifications
Clear all

25 years old asian male with acne scars need some treatment advices

MemberMember
(@kylebaker)

Posted : 10/20/2020 9:20 am

Hello there, 2 years ago ago i had bad case of cystic acne outbreak on both my cheeks. I finally managed to get it under control after being put on doxycylcine and currently having a solid skincare routine with tretinoin as my holy grail to keep cystic acne at bay. Unfortunately i am left with bad acne scars and decided to go to esthetic clinic for treatment. The Dr said i might need several session (maybe 2/3 sessions) of co2 fractional lasers with subcission to treat this acne and in the future might need some tca peel to smoothen the texture. He also suggest fillers but my budget does not allow filler at the moment, i might be able to sit for one session of subcision and co2 fraxel laser for now. What do you think about my acne scars and your recommened advices?IMG_9412.jpg.39afff878212c76314d550c38382d4d8.jpgIMG_9422.jpg.a319a524fb9f5a7155555086bc477292.jpg

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/20/2020 2:51 pm

5 hours ago, kylebaker said:

The Dr said i might need several session (maybe 2/3 sessions) of co2 fractional lasers with subcission to treat this acne and in the future might need some tca peel to smoothen the texture.

You don't need laser. You don't need subcision. You do need TCA cross (at least 3) for the boxcars and glycolic peel for enlarged pores.

With boxcar scars, it's usually the prominent edgethat makes the scar stand out so much. Just softening these edges alone will give you a big improvement.

Sibel liked