Notifications
Clear all

Are these scars treatable?

MemberMember
(@boldgutters)

Posted : 10/20/2020 2:02 am

Hey I™ve been really struggling lately with finding a solution for these acne scars. It™s been eating at my confidence even though I know I shouldn™t let it. I have three vi peels over the next three months but after that I don™t know what direction to go. Are there certain treatments that will show no improvement or that will ruin the skin further? 

C30E5D6E-1D49-40A1-B715-057DCB86FD5F.png

F58C043D-184A-4024-B96E-D61BF0E19D8C.png

B4B401D7-FFE6-42CF-A3E1-32CF20120CE9.png

E82ED6AA-4326-410B-9C4F-E812A3AD420A.png

MemberMember
(@lizza-johnson)

Posted : 10/20/2020 8:09 am

As per my advice you have totake care to be beautiful inside and out. You can remove or clear the acne scars or pimple marks by paying attention to your diet. Drink plenty of water, which helps in better circulation of blood in vessels and thus repairing the damaged layers of the epidermis.
An intake of vitamins A,C and E is also recommended to promote the healing process. These vitamins are important for the regeneration of your skin and mitigation traces of acne scar.

Somenatural solutionagainst acne scars is honey .Honey has regenerative and restorative properties for skin. It contains hydrogen peroxide which has the effect of removing the duties and skin redness.

MemberMember
(@ptaa)

Posted : 10/20/2020 10:22 am

You need to get on a treatment to stop the acne and new scarring. Food wont fix your scarring like the previous commenter stated. You'll likely need a combination of treatments that I'm not entirely qualified to speak about. Start by clearing the acne though. I took accutane, but do whatever works best for you.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/20/2020 2:46 pm

11 hours ago, BoldGutters said:

Hey Ive been really struggling lately with finding a solution for these acne scars. Its been eating at my confidence even though I know I shouldnt let it. I have three vi peels over the next three months but after that I dont know what direction to go. Are there certain treatments that will show no improvement or that will ruin the skin further?

How old are these scars exactly? Sometimes fresh scars can improve quite a lot on their own.

There are both effective and ineffective treatments for different scar types. However, it largely depends on the qualification of thedoctor or the operator of the machine, like laser.

You mostly show boxcar scars with defined edges. I would suggest you soften those edges first. This can be done with TCA cross. Subcision is also recommended but not required.

MemberMember
(@boldgutters)

Posted : 10/21/2020 4:02 am

The scars are somewhat fresh. Probably since early June of this year.

17 hours ago, PTAA said:

You need to get on a treatment to stop the acne and new scarring. Food wont fix your scarring like the previous commenter stated. You'll likely need a combination of treatments that I'm not entirely qualified to speak about. Start by clearing the acne though. I took accutane, but do whatever works best for you.

How bad do you think my scars are and are they treatable at least to where they dont look so sunken in

13 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

How old are these scars exactly? Sometimes fresh scars can improve quite a lot on their own.

There are both effective and ineffective treatments for different scar types. However, it largely depends on the qualification of thedoctor or the operator of the machine, like laser.

You mostly show boxcar scars with defined edges. I would suggest you soften those edges first. This can be done with TCA cross. Subcision is also recommended but not required.

Thescars are somewhat fresh. Probably since early June of this year.

MemberMember
(@de-rerum-natura)

Posted : 10/21/2020 12:16 pm

Your scars are moderate with some extend of severity on the temples
u need to seek a professional help if u want to improve your scars
u need subcision and fillers on the rolling/boxscarsand TCA cross on the ice picks

u still have active acne, u need to halt it asap and prevent new scarring.

u can try microneedling at home after cleaning your acne, but hold your expectations because microneedling on itself ill not do much

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/21/2020 3:08 pm

8 hours ago, BoldGutters said:

Thescars are somewhat fresh. Probably since early June of this year.

It takes a long time for scar tissue to mature and 4 months is still relatively early for treatment. As already mentioned, scars do tend to change shape in the earlier stage. I would give it another 3-6 months.

However, in case you do opt for treatment, it's worth remembering that producing your own collagen naturally to fill the holes is much harder than to smooth the scar edges. You have boxcar scars with noticeable edge. Its these edges that make scars stick out. Ablative laser or TCA will be helpful here. Once the edges are sufficiently sanded down, you can get other modalities, including filler, to elevate the pits.