Notifications
Clear all

How to keep acne from returning during downtime after subcision?

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 10/17/2020 6:26 pm

So, currently, my face is pretty clear aside from a pimple or two that are going away. The only way I can keep from breaking out is my retinoid + bp, however I have subcision + cross coming up and I won't be able to use the creams for like a week after the procedure. What can I do so that I don't get a breakout which basically will negate the subcision since I'll get newscars? Would oral acne medicine be a good solution?

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 10/18/2020 1:13 am

you should really get your acne under control first before going with any procedures.

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/18/2020 2:03 pm

19 hours ago, acknee4life said:

So, currently, my face is pretty clear aside from a pimple or two that are going away. The only way I can keep from breaking out is my retinoid + bp, however I have subcision + cross coming up and I won't be able to use the creams for like a week after the procedure. What can I do so that I don't get a breakout which basically will negate the subcision since I'll get newscars? Would oral acne medicine be a good solution?

Blue light therapy can help.

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 10/18/2020 5:43 pm

3 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Blue light therapy can help.

Didn't think of that. Any suggestions of which product to get?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/18/2020 8:56 pm

3 hours ago, acknee4life said:

Didn't think of that. Any suggestions of which product to get?

Well, you usually get it done at the clinic or medspa. Not sure about at-home products since I've not tried one.

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 10/19/2020 12:20 am

3 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Well, you usually get it done at the clinic or medspa. Not sure about at-home products since I've not tried one.

gotcha. would i just do it in the middle of the recovery or towards the beginning?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 10/19/2020 2:37 pm

14 hours ago, acknee4life said:

gotcha. would i just do it in the middle of the recovery or towards the beginning?

Not sure if BLT can be used as acne prevention, namely before the acne breakout. However, it is effective in killing bacteria that can cause breakouts. It also has anti-inflammatory benefits, and that alone should be helpful in healing acne lesions.

MemberMember
(@mygeauxgmail-com)

Posted : 10/19/2020 3:44 pm

Right after my subscision I started having pimples pop up. It was a lot going on because hormones and new products the doctor sent me home with. Once all that was done and my skin got used to the products I was fine. If you're still getting major break outs I would try to get that under control first or else you run the risk of getting those treatments for nothing.

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 10/19/2020 9:34 pm

5 hours ago, Antique84 said:

Right after my subscision I started having pimples pop up. It was a lot going on because hormones and new products the doctor sent me home with. Once all that was done and my skin got used to the products I was fine. If you're still getting major break outs I would try to get that under control first or else you run the risk of getting those treatments for nothing.

the problem is i don't think ill ever (up to a point) get over my acne. i went a whole year without getting a major pimple but i stopped my creams for a week prepping for v beam and all hell broke loose. if i keep waiting, i'll never get it. i asked dr rullan (getting it with him), and he said to take oral doxy while recovering and then switch back to topical so i'll try that out

MemberMember
(@acknee4life)

Posted : 10/21/2020 2:07 am

On 10/17/2020 at 11:13 PM, gynoscar said:

you should really get your acne under control first before going with any procedures.

Sorry I missed this. Check out my response above