Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acknee4life

How to keep acne from returning during downtime after subcision?

So, currently, my face is pretty clear aside from a pimple or two that are going away. The only way I can keep from breaking out is my retinoid + bp, however I have subcision + cross coming up and I won't be able to use the creams for like a week after the procedure. What can I do so that I don't get a breakout which basically will negate the subcision since I'll get new scars? Would oral acne medicine be a good solution?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, acknee4life said:

So, currently, my face is pretty clear aside from a pimple or two that are going away. The only way I can keep from breaking out is my retinoid + bp, however I have subcision + cross coming up and I won't be able to use the creams for like a week after the procedure. What can I do so that I don't get a breakout which basically will negate the subcision since I'll get new scars? Would oral acne medicine be a good solution?

Blue light therapy can help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, acknee4life said:

Didn't think of that. Any suggestions of which product to get?

Well, you usually get it done at the clinic or medspa. Not sure about at-home products since I've not tried one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sirius Lee said:

Well, you usually get it done at the clinic or medspa. Not sure about at-home products since I've not tried one.

gotcha. would i just do it in the middle of the recovery or towards the beginning?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, acknee4life said:

gotcha. would i just do it in the middle of the recovery or towards the beginning?

Not sure if BLT can be used as acne prevention, namely before the acne breakout. However, it is effective in killing bacteria that can cause breakouts. It also has anti-inflammatory benefits, and that alone should be helpful in healing acne lesions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right after my subscision I started having pimples pop up. It was a lot going on because hormones and new products the doctor sent me home with. Once all that was done and my skin got used to the products I was fine. If you're still getting  major break outs I would try to get that under control first or else you run the risk of getting those treatments for nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Antique84 said:

Right after my subscision I started having pimples pop up. It was a lot going on because hormones and new products the doctor sent me home with. Once all that was done and my skin got used to the products I was fine. If you're still getting  major break outs I would try to get that under control first or else you run the risk of getting those treatments for nothing.

the problem is i don't think ill ever (up to a point) get over my acne. i went a whole year without getting a major pimple but i stopped my creams for a week prepping for v beam and all hell broke loose. if i keep waiting, i'll never get it. i asked dr rullan (getting it with him), and he said to take oral doxy while recovering and then switch back to topical so i'll try that out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2020 at 11:13 PM, gynoscar said:

you should really get your acne under control first before going with any procedures. 

Sorry I missed this. Check out my response above 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×