Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cwest1

Acne overnight

Hi all

5 days ago, I went from not having a single spot, to severe acne overnight. I have a strict skincare routine and haven’t had a spot in many months, so you can imagine my distress when I woke up on Friday with spots all over my jaw, chin and cheeks. 

At first I thought it was a reaction to a new concealer I bought, so I stopped using it and took some antihistamines but it just got worse. Everyday since Friday I’ve woken up and it’s been worse each day. It now reaches up to my forehead and is the worst acne I’ve ever had in my life.

ive never experienced something like this to happen so suddenly and I can’t pinpoint what may have caused it. Has this happened to anyone before? Its starting to get cystic and painful and I literally do not want to leave the house.

OMG! I'm so sorry to hear about your experienced. You should need to consult a dermatologist for proper treatment. I believe it's easy to do consultation nowadays 'coz everything goes online, even doctors. 

You don't told your age so its difficult me to answer your question. Acne is most common in girls from the ages of 14 to 17, and in boys from the ages of 16 to 19. Acne is most commonly linked to the changes in hormone levels during puberty, but can start at any age. Some hormones cause larger quantities of oil (abnormal sebum) to be produced by the grease-producing glands next to hair follicles in the skin. The activity of a normally harmless skin bacterium called P. acnes, which becomes more aggressive and causes inflammation and pus, changes this abnormal sebum.