Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quest2

Are these boxcar scars or just giant pores?

Last year I had a consultation with a renowned dermatologist in London who specializes in scarring and was told that I have boxcar scars. He suggested a course of TCA at 90%. The only problem is there are about 200-300 of these on my nose alone! And then also cheeks and forehead! After 3 sessions and only a fraction being treated each time, I decided to try TCA myself. In total I applied 70%, once every 4-6 weeks for a total of 3 times. Only for a maybe 10 seconds until frosting occurred and then baking soda/water to neutralize. I believe they have helped on my cheeks somewhat but not so much my nose. I 'painted' the TCA on, area by area. I also tried to apply with a blunt syringe needle 'into' the pores, but it's a mammoth task as you can imagine with so many of them. I never did a 4th session as I read on here about one person whose pores - a few of them merged together (!) as the pore wall was broken down by the TCA. For me the ultimate question so I can figure out how to treat them is: are these even pores or are they boxcar scars? when I extract the hardened sebum plugs from them, they are huge, but they rapidly close over the course of the day. Luckily I never get blackheads, but between trying to keep these free of debris and then filling them in with a clay primer, I'm forever dealing with them. I would love to be rid of them but don't know how. AHA's and retinol cause me acne, BHA's (salicylic) don't do a thing for me, even at very high concentrations, and most topical products don't agree with me at all. My skin is super picky. And i still don't know what exactly they are! Does anyone know what they are and how they can be treated?    

• Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes