Notifications
Clear all

Raised white scars on back for 25 years. Any suggestions?

MemberMember
(@athar212000yahoo-com)

Posted : 09/14/2020 5:55 pm

Hi. I've had these raised white scars on my upper back and shoulders. They are interspersed with rolling scars, in short my back looks awful. I used to love swimming, but I was 11 years old the last time I swam, I'm now 40. I've considered a tattoo across my back to 'distract' from the scars but I can't see that working when there are so many raised ones. At the very least I need to flatten the raised ones first. I once read about an injection that can flatten white scarring but not been able to find it online again. I also know that a dermapen can help soften the edges of these as a series of 3 dermapen packages did on a small single white scar on my neck, however the 'mass' of scar tissue is still there, and noticeable when I turn my head to one side and the skin creases. Same thing with my back - it looks very uneven in appearance but you don't really notice the white scars until the skin is pushed together, as per my picture (shoulder area). These are also all over my upper arms and chest. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might help these?    

20200825_101102.jpg

MemberMember
(@herewego64)

Posted : 10/20/2020 3:04 am

I also have this type of scars. I visited several dermatologist and their answer was always the same: there is no solution or to tattoo.

Check my posts in the forum if you want to get more information.

I've also considered to tattoo.. but I cannot find in the whole internet any feedback from someone who has done it with this type of scars.

MemberMember
(@athar212000yahoo-com)

Posted : 10/31/2020 6:03 pm

On 10/20/2020 at 9:04 AM, herewego64 said:

I also have this type of scars. I visited several dermatologist and their answer was always the same: there is no solution or to tattoo.

Check my posts in the forum if you want to get more information.

I've also considered to tattoo.. but I cannot find in the whole internet any feedback from someone who has done it with this type of scars.

Thank you so much for this! I have just read your other posts too and have a better understanding from you and so many othersaboutthis condition,and what can and can't be done.