Notifications
Clear all

How many times better? Genius RF vs traditional microneedling

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 09/10/2020 1:26 am

In terms of acne scars, I am wondering if there is any quantitative rating showing that how many times better is the result of Genius RF microneedling vs. traditional microneedling? I am considering doing at home microneedling (1-1.5 mm) while doing other treatment atdermatology (subcision, filler, etc) instead of spending money continuing doing Genius RF. Does anyone have compared the two before?

MemberMember
(@roflpatchgmail-com)

Posted : 09/10/2020 2:14 am

45 minutes ago, froyosh said:

In terms of acne scars, I am wondering if there is any quantitative rating showing that how many times better is the result of Genius RF microneedling vs. traditional microneedling? I am considering doing at home microneedling (1-1.5 mm) while doing other treatment atdermatology (subcision, filler, etc) instead of spending money continuing doing Genius RF. Does anyone have compared the two before?

The difference in result and price.

The fact is that energy devices such as the infini rf or genius (as far as I understand, this is about the same apparatus as the infini, with a nozzle having insulated needles) cause much more damage, in comparison with a dermapen / dermaroller, hence the regeneration zone after energy devices will be more extensive and the possible end result is better. This is obvious to me.

In my opinion, correctly adjusted infini and similar devices with insulated needles are the best option for the treatment of Rolling, atrophic scars and wide carriages where there is no very severe fibrosis. The very principle of operation of such devices is to create controlled tissue damage by heating it in the right places, which gives a good potential for regeneration, if certain amino acids enter the body and undergo the correct oxidative processes that contribute to the synthesis of new tissue.

Does it make sense to do a dermapen / dermaroller when it is possible to perform rf microneedling? In my opinion, no.

!Translated into English with the help of a translator!

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/10/2020 2:27 am

I saw video Where Davin Lim is saying Infini RF is his favorite device for treating acne scarring , and that microneedling itself without energy dnes very little for acne scarring

Kay24 liked
MemberMember
(@anon09299)

Posted : 09/10/2020 12:33 pm

I can not speak for Genius RF but I have had 5 micro needling sessions done professional as well as probably over 20+ at home over the span of 3 years. I have seen maybe a 10% improvement over those 3 years. In my opinion it really only helps with superficial texture and pigmentation and really nothing for any sort of pitted scar. If I could go back and start professional treatments 3 years ago I would have. As long as you are doing other treatments likesubcision I think supplementing that with at home needling is fine. However needling on its own does very little in my opinion.

Miro liked
MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 09/10/2020 12:42 pm

9 minutes ago, anon09299 said:

I can not speak for Genius RF but I have had 5 micro needling sessions done professional as well as probably over 20+ at home over the span of 3 years. I have seen maybe a 10% improvement over those 3 years. In my opinion it really only helps with superficial texture and pigmentation and really nothing for any sort of pitted scar. If I could go back and start professional treatments 3 years ago I would have. As long as you are doing other treatments likesubcision I think supplementing that with at home needling is fine. However needling on its own does very little in my opinion.

exactly, and even energy device without subcision does nothing for tethered scars