Notifications
Clear all

Opinions on failed TCA cross scar

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/31/2020 3:59 pm

Hi All,

Almost a year ago, I have been performed 90% TCA cross on my icepicks and two of the scars have joined together and formed a bigger scar. The new scar is about 0.7cm long and 1mm deep. I was told by my derm and other people in this forum that the new scar will eventually fill up after the treatment, but it never happens. I've tried subcision and laser treatment for that scar, but nothing has helped.

I was wondering what should I do next? My derm has told me to opt for more laser treatments and subcision, but i dont see how that will help since it is way too deep. I was wondering will excision help for my case? However I am concerned that the scar is too large for excision.

This is how it looks like after the TCA cross

and after almost 10 months, part of the skin has healed, but most of them is still red and deep.

I've asked my derm if fillers will help, since I can see an improvement when streching the skin, but he said the filler wont help. But I don't understand why

Thanks!

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/31/2020 6:07 pm

Two things to consider:

1. For the wider scar, I suggest you continue with 90% TCA. This will both widen and flatten the scar

2. If the skin is still red, apply lower % TCA (eg.20% or lower) to the affected area.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/31/2020 7:09 pm

1 hour ago, Sirius Lee said:

Two things to consider:

1. For the wider scar, I suggest you continue with 90% TCA. This will both widen and flatten the scar

2. If the skin is still red, apply lower % TCA (eg.20% or lower) to the affected area.

Thanks for your reply. I dont think I will continue with the TCA cross. I know it will wide the scar, but I dont know if it is going to flat the scar or not. Previously, it is only two small icepicks and I hope Ive never tried TCA at all.

what do you think about the excision and filler tho?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/31/2020 10:33 pm

3 hours ago, Jack817 said:

I dont think I will continue with the TCA cross. I know it will wide the scar, but I dont know if it is going to flat the scar or not.

what do you think about the excision and filler tho?

Now that I'm looking at your scarmore closely, it looks tethered. Stretch it out and see ifthe shape changes. If you see no change, you should consider subcision.

Anyway, I believe filler would not be so bad. Your scar is pretty linear with even depth, so it would work out pretty well. Not so sure about excision though. It will certainly leave a scar of its own. You might want to leave that alone as a last option.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/31/2020 11:01 pm

26 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Now that I'm looking at your scarmore closely, it looks tethered. Stretch it out and see ifthe shape changes. If you see no change, you should consider subcision.

Anyway, I believe filler would not be so bad. Your scar is pretty linear with even depth, so it would work out pretty well. Not so sure about excision though. It will certainly leave a scar of its own. You might want to leave that alone as a last option.

When I stretch the scar, I can see it becomes more smooth and not that deep anymore.I've done one subcision, but see no improvements. May be it is because no filler is used?