Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MP28

Subcision + Juvederm longevity?

I got subcision, juvederm, phenol cross and erbium with Rullan a week ago. So far I am very very happy with results. What can I expect long term for a temporary filler with subcision? I know the filler is going to run out, but is it safe to say my scars will barely come back? Time will tell I guess, but as of now i have a couple boxcars that have almost disappeared. I do have some little bumps that I may massage, but I way prefer small bumps than a boxcar scar. :) 

I’m not sure when I can fully asses results, but I don’t feel swollen anymore and most of my scabs have fallen off.

Most of what you see is swelling, which can last for over a month. You might believe otherwise, but it's there. The best time to make accurate assessment is at the 6-month mark. 

With regards to the filler, you need to understand that it was used as spacer and not as a volumizer. Also your face would have been swollen pretty badly after subcision, so I figure not a whole lot was injected. Normally, you would get 6-12 months of shelf-life with Juvederm but, in your case, I would not be so optimistic.

Next time, consider getting the filler 2 weeks post-op or until the swelling subsides.

This is my second round of subcision, this time I used a spacer. My scarring is located on my forehead. I was very swollen, but for some reason he injected half before my subcision and then marked them to then inject the other half after. I had this very strange textural problem that has largely disappeared and while it could be partly due to swelling, this texture still remained a week post last time. Even if my pitted scarring comes back, if this texture stays improved i will be very happy anyways.

Is it worth massaging the bumps or would leaving it lead to less retethering?

37 minutes ago, MP28 said:

This is my second round of subcision, this time I used a spacer. My scarring is located on my forehead. I was very swollen, but for some reason he injected half before my subcision and then marked them to then inject the other half after. I had this very strange textural problem that has largely disappeared and while it could be partly due to swelling, this texture still remained a week post last time. Even if my pitted scarring comes back, if this texture stays improved i will be very happy anyways.

Is it worth massaging the bumps or would leaving it lead to less retethering?

it seems that getting bumps after injection with Rullan is a common thing since he is not the best injector. yes massaging can help and its good that its a temporary filler.