Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tory

Subcision or infini rf for my acne scar? Or any ither suggestion?

I had horrible cystic acne on my chin last year

I don't know if it's related but after getting a cortisone shot on my right side, now I have this indented scar(left side where I didn't get a shot is pretty much ok or the scar is much shallower/less visible) 

I was on accutane for 7 months and I'm finally off accutane and I'd like to do something about the scar now

One dermatologist I contacted suggested me to get subcision with filler then chemical peel for the texture 

I also have some shallow boxcars and rolling scars on my temple area(they are old scars) and i know these kind of scars don't respond very well to subcision.

Would infini rf work on both? 

I live in Europe and there's literally just one dermatologist who has infini rf machine in city i live 

*I put cc cream and my skin was very dry from accutane 

Edited by Tory

11 hours ago, Tory said:

I had horrible cystic acne on my chin last year

I don't know if it's related but after getting a cortisone shot on my right side, now I have this indented scar(left side where I didn't get a shot is pretty much ok or the scar is much shallower/less visible) 

I was on accutane for 7 months and I'm finally off accutane and I'd like to do something about the scar now

One dermatologist I contacted suggested me to get subcision with filler then chemical peel for the texture 

I also have some shallow boxcars and rolling scars on my temple area(they are old scars) and i know these kind of scars don't respond very well to subcision.

Would infini rf work on both? 

I live in Europe and there's literally just one dermatologist who has infini rf machine in city i live 

*I put cc cream and my skin was very dry from accutane 

I would go with subcision since they look to be a little tethered. 
I had Infini and I didn't notice improvement on my boxcar scars. However, all of our scars are different.

Based on my experience, I would also recommend subcision with possible filler or suctioning to decrease the likelihood of re-tethering.  The reason being is subscision will treat the indentations at a horizontal level, breaking the scar tissue that is pulling the surface of your skin down.