Notifications
Clear all

BP/long term/HELP

MemberMember
(@cheeryfeast)

Posted : 08/22/2020 9:44 am

So Ive been on the acne.org regime for about 7 years now.
I currently only use the wash in the benzyl peroxide I use benzyl peroxide every morning and every night.
Before my acne.org journey my skin was relatively combination andacne prone(mild acne.)now after six years of being on the regimen my skin is clear With a few break outs here or there but my face is like chronically oily no matter what I do no matter what I try Ive spent thousands of dollars on trying to keep my skin looking normally from the grease and shinetried every method restoring my moisture barrier etc. and still two hours after I leave the house I have people telling me it looks like theres butter on my face. Lately Ive been doing some research and finding out the long-term side effects of using pencil peroxide. Premature aging and extreme oily ness due to the over drying. (Yes i use multiple moisturizers)
last year I tried to wean myself off of benzyl peroxide and went down to only once a day and my face began to break out I then tried another method I thought maybe a wash I wash my face with the benzyl peroxide wash twice a day and still the pimples came.

im scared Ill never put grow acne do to me needing me BP so much and i cant stand using BP any longer due to how destroyed and oily my skin is from it!
i also went to see a extremely experienced derm and he told me i have so much dead skin build up from the BP and to exfoliate but when i use any exfoliating chemical or physical i break out.
i even got Botox in my face because its said that it stops sweat and oil production and still i look like a oil slick grease ball

justwondering if anyone has experienced this or has any alternatives to constant BP or any advice or products that has helped them!

my current regime

AM

acne.org cleaner

TO hylaronic acid

acne.org BP

vitamin C serum

Cerave moisturizing cream

PM

Acne.org cleanser

cerave retinol

Barrier repair and relief.

cerave Moisturizing cream

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 08/22/2020 8:57 pm

I have heard many board certified dermatologist say that they recomment bp for teenagers and young adults because it is not the bestfor anti aging, as you said. Maybe try bp in a wash form ( like the cerave acne foaming wash) and leaveit for a few minutes, and/or spot trear only with your bp cream. Azelaic acid is a topical option for bp, since it is antibacterial and anti inflammatory. Look for 10% or more. I recommend the facetheory azeclear 15%, which is the highest percentage i could find online. Apply one or twice a day. Azalaic acid is also a very mild exfoliant and often recommended for sensitive skin so you won't experience irritation normaly. I am also surprised that you mentionned you cant use chemical exfoliants because they make you breakout. I think what you are experiencing is purging. The exfoliants make your skin shed faster and "reveal" pimples in formation from behind the surface. I think you should try one. One the purging is done, your skin should be in a much better placein the long run. Maybe try bha lotion from paula's choice a few time a week ( 2-3) to begin with and see in 6 weeks if your skin is better. 2%bha is more effective than most otc retinolbut if you also look for the anti aging benefitsof retinoids i would suggest to try differin instead if it is otc in your country and begin with only a few times a week.

For oil control, niacinamide and green tea are two ingredients that have been shown to be effective. TO 10% niacinamide or facetheory supergel m3 are two options. But the m3 is my favorite. Also try a pure and transparent silica powder diring the day. It is invisible and blots the oil. Ilike the rms un powder one.

Also be patient when your skin adjusts to a new routine. Sometimes it takes 6 weeks to notice the first improvements.

MemberMember
(@ferraritradersgmail-com)

Posted : 08/30/2020 2:41 am

On 8/22/2020 at 7:44 AM, CheeryFeast said:

So Ive been on the acne.org regime for about 7 years now.
I currently only use the wash in the benzyl peroxide I use benzyl peroxide every morning and every night.
Before my acne.org journey my skin was relatively combination andacne prone(mild acne.)now after six years of being on the regimen my skin is clear With a few break outs here or there but my face is like chronically oily no matter what I do no matter what I try Ive spent thousands of dollars on trying to keep my skin looking normally from the grease and shinetried every method restoring my moisture barrier etc. and still two hours after I leave the house I have people telling me it looks like theres butter on my face. Lately Ive been doing some research and finding out the long-term side effects of using pencil peroxide. Premature aging and extreme oily ness due to the over drying. (Yes i use multiple moisturizers)
last year I tried to wean myself off of benzyl peroxide and went down to only once a day and my face began to break out I then tried another method I thought maybe a wash I wash my face with the benzyl peroxide wash twice a day and still the pimples came.

im scared Ill never put grow acne do to me needing me BP so much and i cant stand using BP any longer due to how destroyed and oily my skin is from it!
i also went to see a extremely experienced derm and he told me i have so much dead skin build up from the BP and to exfoliate but when i use any exfoliating chemical or physical i break out.
i even got Botox in my face because its said that it stops sweat and oil production and still i look like a oil slick grease ball

justwondering if anyone has experienced this or has any alternatives to constant BP or any advice or products that has helped them!

my current regime

AM

acne.org cleaner

TO hylaronic acid

acne.org BP

vitamin C serum

Cerave moisturizing cream

PM

Acne.org cleanser

cerave retinol

Barrier repair and relief.

cerave Moisturizing cream

There's another alternative to BP for adult acne... it's called Finacea Gel. It can be used on the most sensitive skin, even with people with Rosacea... just google it and you'll find out. A tube of Finacea requires a prescription and will cost you about $400 but it's well worth it if you want to get off Benzoyle perioxde from years of usage. Another alternative for adult acne is Photodyamic Therapy... it's a procedure available at somedermatologyoffices.