Notifications
Clear all

Swelling makes scars go away

MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 08/04/2020 6:40 am

Hi people,

My face is kind of swollen at the moment and what I've noticed is that almost all of my boxcars/rolling scars are significantly improved, to the point where I barely notice them anymore. Swelling will go down of course, but do you think I could achieve the same effect with fillers?

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 08/05/2020 7:20 pm

On 8/4/2020 at 5:40 AM, freshman said:

Hi people,

My face is kind of swollen at the moment and what I've noticed is that almost all of my boxcars/rolling scars are significantly improved, to the point where I barely notice them anymore. Swelling will go down of course, but do you think I could achieve the same effect with fillers?

Fillers can be used to reduce volume loss, particularly in tethered rolling scars. I don't believe it's as effective on ice pick scars. Even on rolling scars, it's best done after subcision.

freshman liked
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/08/2020 3:35 pm

On 8/4/2020 at 4:40 AM, freshman said:

Hi people,

Fillers will help, especially with rolling scars. The problem with them is that can expensive to some since they will eventually go away. Bellafill is a different story since it's semi-permanent. However, not everybody wants to go that route. The cost is not an issue for some people though. If the filler lasts a year or maybe even two, I can see people happily paying that.

freshman liked