Notifications
Clear all

Infini RF vs Fraxel: Discussion

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 07/31/2020 4:21 pm

Hi everyone

I just came back from my first Infini RF Treatment. Since it was the first and Im skin type IV, they only went 2.25 mm on my cheeks. However, if I heal well, theyll go a bit deeper for the second. I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Fraxel versus Infini RF? Ive been hearing that Im a great candidate for Fraxel but Im kind of against lasers for the most part until my scars are up to the surface as much as possible. But all this talking, makes me want to try Fraxel in the winter.

wondering whose had Fraxel or infini or both and your experience with it

MemberMember
(@zeynepppp_000hotmail-com)

Posted : 07/31/2020 5:05 pm

Hello, what kind of scars do you have? I'm also researching RF microneedling. Please describe the treatment process here. Good luck. My skin type is IV, too.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 07/31/2020 8:23 pm

I asked this question to my derm and what he told me is that as for the outcomes, both are pretty similar based on the trailsthat theyve done. They mightbe effective to boxcar and rolling scars, but not mandate for icepicks.

i only did Fraxel restore,and I can some improvements to the rolling scars, but dont see too much improvements on boxcars.

Also, Ive seen some negative reviews on Fraxel in this forum, but not as many as the ones Ive seenfor RF. Dont know why

MemberMember
(@drenna29)

Posted : 08/01/2020 10:48 am

14 hours ago, Jack817 said:

I asked this question to my derm and what he told me is that as for the outcomes, both are pretty similar based on the trailsthat theyve done. They mightbe effective to boxcar and rolling scars, but not mandate for icepicks.

i only did Fraxel restore,and I can some improvements to the rolling scars, but dont see too much improvements on boxcars.

Also, Ive seen some negative reviews on Fraxel in this forum, but not as many as the ones Ive seenfor RF. Dont know why

My derm said the same. What country are you in?

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/01/2020 1:54 pm

3 hours ago, drenna29 said:

My derm said the same. What country are you in?

Canada

MemberMember
(@drenna29)

Posted : 08/01/2020 3:39 pm

1 hour ago, Jack817 said:

Canada

West Coast? I think we probably have the same derm lol. Do you think your results were more from the Fraxel or subcision? Did you notice any other skin changes from Fraxel - pore size, wrinkles, etc? Do you think Fraxel was worth it?

MemberMember
(@sirius-lee)

Posted : 08/01/2020 3:43 pm

23 hours ago, Catharsis2018 said:

Hi everyone

I just came back from my first Infini RF Treatment. Since it was the first and Im skin type IV, they only went 2.25 mm on my cheeks. However, if I heal well, theyll go a bit deeper for the second. I was just wondering what everyones thoughts are on Fraxel versus Infini RF? Ive been hearing that Im a great candidate for Fraxel but Im kind of against lasers for the most part until my scars are up to the surface as much as possible. But all this talking, makes me want to try Fraxel in the winter.

wondering whose had Fraxel or infini or both and your experience with it

Fraxel comes in two version: Restore (non-ablative) and Repair (ablative). Restore is more for texture (eg. wrinkles), while Repair is for scars. However Repair is old-school and the downtime is significantly longer, depending on the settings. Is it effective for scars? For mild scars, yes. For medium to deep scars, no.

InfiniRF, in theory at least, should bebetter than laser because the needles break up the scar fibers while emitting RF. Is it any better than laser though, and if so, by how much? I believe it is, but by how much is up for debate, especially when the high cost of treatment is factored in.

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@amanda-hall)

Posted : 08/01/2020 4:17 pm

21 minutes ago, Sirius Lee said:

Fraxel comes in two version: Restore (non-ablative) and Repair (ablative). Restore is more for texture (eg. wrinkles), while Repair is for scars. However Repair is old-school and the downtime is significantly longer, depending on the settings. Is it effective for scars? For mild scars, yes. For medium to deep scars, no.

InfiniRF, in theory at least, should bebetter than laser because the needles break up the scar fibers while emitting RF. Is it any better than laser though, and if so, by how much? I believe it is, but by how much is up for debate, especially when the high cost of treatment is factored in.

Infini in theory is effective and safer than lasers. Igot Infini done twice. I have mostly boxcars and didn't see noticeable improvement. Is it safer? I would say so. I didn't get hyperpigmentation like I did with fractional CO2. I also didn't get new scars like I did with the laser. Some here say that 3.5mm is too deep and can melt fat. My plastic surgeon treated me at 3.5, 2.5mm, and 1.5mm. I didn't know that 3.5mm was too deep until I saw some video with Dr. Weiner and read posts here. Oh well. I hope long-term I'm ok.

While Infini is safe, don't believe doctors when they say recovery is 3-4 days. I needed AT LEAST a week to recover. And then afterwards, I still saw spots on my face but they were more reduced. You are looking rough for 10-14 days unless you get weak settings.

Also, I'm not sure if my pores got bigger from Infini, manual microneedling, or just due to getting older. It's something you should monitor.

I was offered Fraxel for my scars by a dermatologist but I ended up not getting that done for several reasons. Dr. Lim on his YouTube channel said Fraxel was old technology and that many lasers have replaced that. Secondly, I didn't want to pay $2k for old technology and a risky laser since I have type III mixed skin. Read too many bad reviews about Fraxel.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 08/01/2020 7:19 pm

3 hours ago, drenna29 said:

West Coast? I think we probably have the same derm lol. Do you think your results were more from the Fraxel or subcision? Did you notice any other skin changes from Fraxel - pore size, wrinkles, etc? Do you think Fraxel was worth it?

Yes, West Coast Lol.

I have had 4 Fraxel treatments, but only did test patch for subcision. I think after 4 treatments of Fraxel, my skin is more flat, but icepick and boxcars are still noticeable.

TBH, I dont see any noticeable improvements for the pore size, and since i dont have wrinkles, I couldnt comment on that.

When you ask if the Fraxel was worth it, I think it is highly dependent on your expectations and your scar situation. I have bad acne scars and Im prone to hypertrophicscars (I have some small ones near the jawline and some others on my back), therefore Fraxel restore seems the only choice for me. I Dosee some improvements on the rolling scars and overall texture, but the overall improvements is less than 50%. (My derm says he only considers the treatment is successful whenthe improvement Is over 50%).

However, since I still have 2 Fraxel treatments left and also another subcision treatment with filler. It is hard for me to say if it is worth now:)

drenna29 liked