Notifications
Clear all

Severely enlarged pores

MemberMember
(@spillekontoen1234outlook-com)

Posted : 07/10/2020 8:25 am

Hi.

My journey has been long, I've struggled with acne for the last 7 years. I've started accutane, and I'm finally getting some results. Unfortunately, I've still got a long way to go, regarding my acne scarring. But my biggest concern are my severely enlarged pores. I'm a 20 year old women, and I've never seen anyone my age with pores as big as mine. I've heard that there isn't a lot things you could do about your pores, is this true? 

Here are some pictures for context...

107594432_584825838884068_463831458765579107_n.jpg

107666156_286511719428595_1050889872310148167_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@laurajmes)

Posted : 07/15/2020 3:56 am

Hi there! You are not alone - I completely relate to this - I also went on Accutane and naturally have bigger pores. I heard that shrinking your pores is not a thing. BUT making them LOOK smaller is! I struggle a lot with having oily skin and my pores get clogged easily. That stretches my pores and makes them seem bigger. After I finished my Accutane, my dermatologist gave me a mild glycolic acid cleanser to keep my pores clean, and so far so good. Maybe you can ask your dermatologist about it too. :)

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 07/15/2020 1:40 pm

Pores size are genetic but they can appear larger than their natural size. It happens a lot when you have oily skin and debris (sebaceous filaments/blackheads) filling your pores and stretching them overtime. It that is the case, which seems to be on yournose, making sureyour pores are clear will enable them to shrink overtime. If you are finished with accutane, ask your derm for a prescription retinoid. This is the best product recommended by derms to clear pores and build collagen which, overtime, will shrink them. It will take a lot of time ( a few months to even begin to see the first results) and you will have to manage the peeling (and introduce the product gradually) at the beginning but in general, results are always there. Then you can add some salicylic in a cleanser and a sonic brush like the magnitone (if your skin tolerates it)to see some immediate improvements.