Notifications
Clear all

Is it okay to mix retinol with tretinoin?

MemberMember
(@azimmizaquakeenginegmail-com)

Posted : 07/09/2020 4:36 pm

Hello guys! I havebeen using tretinoin for some few weeksand my skin is reallydry. So i decided to buy an oil based moisturiser (non comodogenic) and it worked amazing at relieving irritation and dryness. However i found out it contained retinol! So perhaps the retinol makes the tretinoin ineffective? Thats why my face isnt dry anymore? Does anyone know if retinol makes tretinoin lose it efficacy?

MemberMember
(@maria-goncalves)

Posted : 08/04/2020 10:34 am

Retinol is a pretty strong active , but tretinoin is even stonger. I don't think they can be inactivated by one another but i would not use them together just for the fact that it could cause irritation. The moisturization that you got was probably from the oil or is your skin getting more tolerant to tretinoin. If it didnt cause you any problem i would keep it up maybe the oil has a low percentage of retinol and isnt even doing anything...

MemberMember
(@maria-goncalves)

Posted : 09/30/2020 11:50 am

On 9/17/2020 at 3:53 PM, LUO Ge said:

Retinol and tretinoin are the same ingredient. Retinoic acid is also a prescription drug.
After using skin care products containing retinol, the skin will absorb retinol, which is converted into a low concentration of tretinoin inside the skin.
You mix retinol and tretinoin to increase the concentration of tretinoin, which can cause great irritation to your skin.

Its not exacly the same ingredient , they are different forms of vitamin A . Tretinoid is the stongest form of vitamin A.

MemberMember
(@kele_echeverriahotmail-com)

Posted : 10/01/2020 3:02 am

Hello,

Well in my case i am, but becouse iam in low dosage of tretinoin, so i dont get the skin very dry, if its very dry avoid,