Notifications
Clear all

Best starting route for my scars? Not sure what type of scars I have (pics included)

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/25/2020 11:13 pm

What do you guys think is the best starting point for my scars? 

How many treatments do you think will be needed to hit 50%? 

I would say the scars on my temples are about 4-5 years old while the scars on my cheek are within the past 3 years.

Not sure but it looks like they are a mix between rolling/boxcar scars?  Maybe icepicks  but i'm not sure if tca cross would work here.

My thoughts are > start with subcision + filler > maybe try tca cross or paint at home?> maybe do intensif in between the sub + filler

Would love to hear your thoughts and any ideas you may have on how many treatments it will take to get around 50% improvement.  I can take better pictures if needed.

Appreciate all input

IMG_0063.jpeg

IMG_0062.jpeg

IMG_0060.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0058.jpeg

IMG_0057.jpeg

IMG_0056.jpeg

IMG_0055.jpeg

IMG_0054.jpeg

IMG_0053.jpeg

IMG_0052.jpeg

IMG_0061.jpeg

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 03/25/2020 11:46 pm

Your indented scarring is very mild on your cheeks, definitely start with cannula subcision+filler, you will see the quickest improvement and its needed as the first step anyways. Itll probably take a couple subcisions since they might not get all the tethers at once/some will re attach.Make sure you specify exactly which spots you want the filler in. Analyze in different lighting and make sure your doc is on the same page as you.I dont have experience with temple scarring but Ive heard to make sure you go to a good doctor for subcision there bc it can be a dangerous area if done incorrectly.Overall I dont think Id notice your scarring but I understand wanting the improvement and I definitelythink youll get it.

You have practically no active acne anymore but for the little oneshave you tried topical dapsone 5% gel? Its a spot treatment and is the only thing thatsreally helped to stop any of my spots.

thepwhisp liked
MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 03/26/2020 4:05 pm

Deberias usar primero por unos meses mederma, para la pigmentacion y la textura, te ayudara bien, no tienes casi cicatrices hondas, mas que todo tienes problemas de textura y mucha pigmentacion...

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 03/28/2020 5:04 pm

On 3/26/2020 at 12:46 AM, hlp334 said:

Your indented scarring is very mild on your cheeks, definitely start with cannula subcision+filler, you will see the quickest improvement and its needed as the first step anyways. Itll probably take a couple subcisions since they might not get all the tethers at once/some will re attach.Make sure you specify exactly which spots you want the filler in. Analyze in different lighting and make sure your doc is on the same page as you.I dont have experience with temple scarring but Ive heard to make sure you go to a good doctor for subcision there bc it can be a dangerous area if done incorrectly.Overall I dont think Id notice your scarring but I understand wanting the improvement and I definitelythink youll get it.

You have practically no active acne anymore but for the little oneshave you tried topical dapsone 5% gel? Its a spot treatment and is the only thing thatsreally helped to stop any of my spots.

Appreciate the replya lot. Makes me feel a lot better about the situation. The lady I spoke with seems very good with the anatomy of the face. She gave me confidence when she told me that she will explain any risks prior and will not do any areas that carry significant risk.

Do you think the temple scars look like boxcar scars? I'm not sure if I should try some tca paint at low % at home or if I should dive right into a round of subcision. Any idea on what kind of improvement can be had from say 1 subcision + filler on these types of scars?

Money isn't an issue but if I could hit 50% I would be ecstatic and probably never think about them again.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:05 PM, Bryan Trejos said:

Deberias usar primero por unos meses mederma, para la pigmentacion y la textura, te ayudara bien, no tienes casi cicatrices hondas, mas que todo tienes problemas de textura y mucha pigmentacion...

gracias por el consejo mi amigo Voy a echar un buen vistazo a esto.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/28/2020 9:04 pm

Do the cross in office please

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 03/29/2020 12:44 am

Theres an expert poster on here (beautifulambition) that gives you a personalized treatment plan but they only respond by private message now. They look like boxscars but I have no experience in the temple area so I would wait until you can get better feedback from other who for improvement in that area. If the filler is placed correctly in the right areasafter the subcision I think you could get at least 25%, maybe more since yours is mild but again it depends on how much tethering you have. Its typical to need multiple subcisions. I have gotten 4 subcision and a couple filler sessionsso far and my skin has improved substantially (50% at least, probably more)

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 09/20/2020 3:03 pm

On 3/28/2020 at 10:44 PM, hlp334 said:

There™s an expert poster on here (beautifulambition) that gives you a personalized treatment plan but they only respond by private message now. They look like boxscars but I have no experience in the temple area so I would wait until you can get better feedback from other who for improvement in that area. If the filler is placed correctly in the right areas after the subcision I think you could get at least 25%, maybe more since yours is mild but again it depends on how much tethering you have. It™s typical to need multiple subcisions. I have gotten 4 subcision and a couple filler sessions so far and my skin has improved substantially (50% at least, probably more)