Notifications
Clear all

Reality of lighting and acne scars?

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 03/07/2020 10:26 pm

I was curious to hearyour guys thoughts..I struggle getting over my acne scars and usually my confidence ishurt when I go in harsh lighting and take an up close picture. In the mirror however it can definitely look unsettling in certain lighting, but not as bad as in pictures. In most lighting it hardly looks like I have any scarring but I still hold onto the vision of my self in harsh lighting. What are some ways that have helped you guys get over it? And how much is real or a distorted image. It amazes me when I see people with acne scars seem to not care at all or think twice about it, Im not sure if they know what their scarring looks like in harsh lighting or theysimply dont care.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 03/07/2020 10:39 pm

Itsbecause acne scarring affects those with already existing insecurities the most.Im sure they still would want to get rid of their scars, but realize it isnt enough of a big deal to have a negative view of themselves/let it affect their life because it really shouldnt.Before having scarring Inever noticedor had negative thoughts about other peoples scarring but Ive always been an insecure person so every flaw i see in myselfis magnified. People may see your scarring, but it doesnt mean they care/think negatively of it.Going to therapy anddoing treatments helpbecause you at least are actively tryingtomake progress. I still have a ways to go but Ive had a good amount of improvement from how my scarring looked like last year and its helped regain some of confidence.

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 03/07/2020 10:59 pm

20 minutes ago, hlp334 said:

Itsbecause acne scarring affects those with already existing insecurities the most.Im sure they still would want to get rid of their scars, but realize it isnt enough of a big deal to have a negative view of themselves/let it affect their life because it really shouldnt.Before having scarring Inever noticedor had negative thoughts about other peoples scarring but Ive always been an insecure person so every flaw i see in myselfis magnified. People may see your scarring, but it doesnt mean they care/think negatively of it.Going to therapy anddoing treatments helpbecause you at least are actively tryingtomake progress. I still have a ways to go but Ive had a good amount of improvement from how my scarring looked like last year and its helped regain some of confidence.

Thanks for this thats what I needed to hear..id absolutely agree that Im an insecure person even though to others I may seem super confident. I see others scarring because of my own scarring Im sure too..I guess its just tough when your a perfectionist to accept it especially when you find yourself in a social situation in like an elevator with harsh lighting. I will agree though about getting treatments making you feel better, I got a treatment about a month ago, I think it defensively gave an improvement although nothing crazy. However getting this treatment has already put me in a better place and boosted my confidence just from me actively doing something about it. Now I need to work more on making myself less insecure in general because if it wasnt the acne scars it would be something else.