Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fluffycakes

Deeper Scars and Lumps From Aggressive Nokor Subcision

Recommended Posts

The lumps is hematoma (I think). I had one on my right cheek which faded after about a month. I just kept massaging it. I think you can get injections for them if they dont go down. 

I'll be avoiding nokor next time because of it, maybe you should too. Stick to cannula.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, hsd87 said:

The lumps is hematoma (I think). I had one on my right cheek which faded after about a month. I just kept massaging it. I think you can get injections for them if they dont go down. 

I'll be avoiding nokor next time because of it, maybe you should too. Stick to cannula.

`

Edited by Ivan_070703
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Ivan_070703 said:

Thanks for your response hsd87

Nokor was really brutal, I read about some people on these forums having amazing results from it but it is probably not for me. The 18g nokor needle is huge and it just destroys everything in its path.

Keeping my fingers crossed that no permanent damage is done.

How was your results from your Nokor? Are you happy with it?

Lumps are apparently "rare" but happens to some people. 

Not much improvement so far. Only done it once. Heard a lot of snapping and tearing like you did.

I did nokor and cannula at the same time, heard more noises when cannula was used! So I'll stick to that.

Nokor does seem very dangerous! I was bleeding a lot with that. No wonder most doctors dont use it now it seems. Hopefully using it once is good enough and then cannula can be used the other times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had aggressive Nokor Sub done with one who was supposed to be the best acne scars Dr- Chu and this left me with new scars and bumps not going away for almost 3 months. So do no worry, it will go away with time. Cannula is more gentle and in the right hands act like a Nokor. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, Sibel said:

I had aggressive Nokor Sub done with one who was supposed to be the best acne scars Dr- Chu and this left me with new scars and bumps not going away for almost 3 months. So do no worry, it will go away with time. Cannula is more gentle and in the right hands act like a Nokor. 

`

 

Edited by Ivan_070703
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I don't know how long retethering takes. Generally, I believe fillers with subcision are better than subcision without fillers because fillers can stimulate more collagen production and act as a spacer. So if you can afford it, stick with cannula subcision and use fillers next time. Also be aware that even a small change in the angle that light shines on you can make a pretty significant difference in scar appearance. You may not even realize that the angle is different, sometimes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Who did the procedure? Have you asked Dr. for post-treatment advice?


2.5 weeks is still early imo. 


From what I have read (previous BA advice and others) you should start massaging again. No risk of new bleeding now, as all blood vessels have healed. 

Apply hot dressings, take Aspirin, massage. It should help. The Dr could inject Hyalase or steroid in the bump if it does not help. 
 

Your own blood is a great spacer, contains lots of growth factors, will stimulate collagen. Heads up, I think you will see some improvement over time bro.

Good luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, AcneNoScarsMore said:

Who did the procedure? Have you asked Dr. for post-treatment advice?


2.5 weeks is still early imo. 


From what I have read (previous BA advice and others) you should start massaging again. No risk of new bleeding now, as all blood vessels have healed. 

Apply hot dressings, take Aspirin, massage. It should help. The Dr could inject Hyalase or steroid in the bump if it does not help. 
 

Your own blood is a great spacer, contains lots of growth factors, will stimulate collagen. Heads up, I think you will see some improvement over time bro.

Good luck!

`

Edited by Ivan_070703
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivan, no results after Sub without the filler with Chu, only more scars... then I did 2 sub with another Dr with the cannula and the result is very mild but no extra marks/scars/bumps...Sub without the filler does not make sense, the scars retether but Chu was against the fillers... 

I massaged gently the bumps with the ice pad... as I said 3 months I had it...so just wait... 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had similar experience with nokor subcision. Where some areas on my cheek rose around the surface lvl. 
Here is my thread, your concerns are more or less the same. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

healing well. My lumps didint go away compeletely for 7 weeks. Looks like you have significant volume loss in cheeks. Would advice to do just sculptra next. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/25/2020 at 11:57 PM, incepticon said:

I've had similar experience with nokor subcision. Where some areas on my cheek rose around the surface lvl. 
Here is my thread, your concerns are more or less the same. 

 

`

On 2/23/2020 at 1:57 AM, Sibel said:

Ivan, no results after Sub without the filler with Chu, only more scars... then I did 2 sub with another Dr with the cannula and the result is very mild but no extra marks/scars/bumps...Sub without the filler does not make sense, the scars retether but Chu was against the fillers... 

I massaged gently the bumps with the ice pad... as I said 3 months I had it...so just wait... 

`

 

Edited by Ivan_070703
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ivan_070703 said:

In your thread, you mentioned at the 3-4 months mark, you still had a bump on your left cheek and 2 spots that are raised on your right cheek. That was back in June 2018. Are those bumps still there today?

These bumps are still there, i had talked about 2 lines that were visible to the naked eye. When I look in the mirror I can see them albeit to a lesser extent. But I'm much better at ignoring them today and focus on more constructive things. In the end, these are minor "disfigurement" compared to what millions of people around the globe are dealing with daily. I think learning to accept and move on is the best antidote to bad feelings. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ivan, yes the bumps are completely resolved after 3-4 months. I still have Nokor scars, it has been more then a year and they merged with some old scars which made them look wider and bigger( 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, incepticon said:

These bumps are still there, i had talked about 2 lines that were visible to the naked eye. When I look in the mirror I can see them albeit to a lesser extent. But I'm much better at ignoring them today and focus on more constructive things. In the end, these are minor "disfigurement" compared to what millions of people around the globe are dealing with daily. I think learning to accept and move on is the best antidote to bad feelings. 

`

On 2/27/2020 at 2:16 AM, Sibel said:

Ivan, yes the bumps are completely resolved after 3-4 months. I still have Nokor scars, it has been more then a year and they merged with some old scars which made them look wider and bigger( 

`

Edited by Ivan_070703
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×