Notifications
Clear all

2020: What do you think/know the future holds for acne scarring?

MemberMember
(@catharsis2018)

Posted : 01/30/2020 6:38 pm

So, I was doing some stress shopping today, and I was confronted by my reflection in the mirror at a store. Are store mirrors the worst ever or what? It left me a bit depressed.

its frustrating that they havent found a solution for acne scars. I get it... producing new skin isnt simple... but still it is very frustrating.

It has me reflecting on 2020. What do you guys think it has in store for acne scars in terms of technology and treatment? Do you think its going to be a fruitless year? Are you hopeful? Lets discuss.

MemberMember
(@kitsliv45)

Posted : 01/30/2020 10:59 pm

Doubt there will be any groundbreaking technology. Just lots and lots of depression and self-loathing

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/31/2020 1:57 am

7 hours ago, Catharsis2018 said:

So, I was doing some stress shopping today, and I was confronted by my reflection in the mirror at a store. Are store mirrors the worst ever or what? It left me a bit depressed.

its frustrating that they havent found a solution for acne scars. I get it... producing new skin isnt simple... but still it is very frustrating.

It has me reflecting on 2020. What do you guys think it has in store for acne scars in terms of technology and treatment? Do you think its going to be a fruitless year? Are you hopeful? Lets discuss.

I think there will be a subcision machinewhich will make the process a little less tedious. It might be an energy device with a needle at the hand-piece. I could imagine a the needle vibratinglaterally, and all the derm has to do is to move the needle into position, and sweep sideways. There will be less in and out motion, which means less damage at entry point, but the vibrating needle will break the tetheredbonds more efficiently.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/01/2020 10:48 pm

The most likely and realistic one would be longer lasting HA fillers. I think HA fillers that can last years will be the holy grail for rolling scars and volume loss. There are of course permanent and long term volumizers like Sculptra but they are not reversible.

In a few years, there will almost certainly be HA fillers that can last 5 years or longer and will make permanent fillers obsolete. You get the long term benefit and still retain the ability to get rid of it for any reason. That will be a game-changer.

MemberMember
(@keving100)

Posted : 02/03/2020 10:31 am

On 1/31/2020 at 1:57 AM, SkinnyStrong said:

I think there will be a subcision machinewhich will make the process a little less tedious. It might be an energy device with a needle at the hand-piece. I could imagine a the needle vibratinglaterally, and all the derm has to do is to move the needle into position, and sweep sideways. There will be less in and out motion, which means less damage at entry point, but the vibrating needle will break the tetheredbonds more efficiently.

there is a subcision machine that exist in korea. Its called innofill plus. Not FDA approved in US/ Canada.

Its basically subcision with rf energy

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 02/04/2020 2:29 am

15 hours ago, keving100 said:

there is a subcision machine that exist in korea. Its called innofill plus. Not FDA approved in US/ Canada.

Its basically subcision with rf energy

I googled. Interesting! Trust the koreans to be at the forefront of skin treatments. Looks great! If this works, I hope it will become mainstream.