Notifications
Clear all

Check out these phenol peel before and afters

MemberMember
(@mcpoopy-scoopies)

Posted : 01/11/2020 6:12 pm

Here is the link..... https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/Chemical-peels-for-darker-skin-types.-Rullan-Karam/51dc5ca8b726c0bd1a4e3d32d42ca10d7cf45c28

Are these all lighting tricks because some of these people appear to have had insanely good results. Just looking for other peoples opinions of if they think these photos are too good to be real. I am planning on having a chemabrasion done this year and have been trying to find some b4 and afters and came across this page. I am a white dude and I know that this page is of people of various ethnicities but OMG. The ones that really caught my attention was Figures 10 and 21. I plan on seeing Dr. Rullan for my chemabrasion and had seen Figure 26 b4 (also amazing results) on his website. Is this just tricks with the lighting or for real. I'm interested on your opinions on figures 10 and 21. It looks for real to me.

MemberMember
(@kman101)

Posted : 01/12/2020 4:57 pm

fig 21 is very very blurry, at least on my laptop. Really cant tell what her skin looks like in the 2 after photos.

Fig 10 she has very minor scarring to begin with and again the after is a bit unclear. Remember it is very easy to disguise the results with the lighting - a fair comparison is in fact harder and requires more effort on behalf of the surgeon/photographer.

So unless the photos are appearing in lower resolution to me than to you I would say too blurry and inconclusive to learn much from them, unfortunately.

MemberMember
(@mcpoopy-scoopies)

Posted : 01/12/2020 6:15 pm

1 hour ago, kman101 said:

fig 21 is very very blurry, at least on my laptop. Really cant tell what her skin looks like in the 2 after photos.

Fig 10 she has very minor scarring to begin with and again the after is a bit unclear. Remember it is very easy to disguise the results with the lighting - a fair comparison is in fact harder and requires more effort on behalf of the surgeon/photographer.

So unless the photos are appearing in lower resolution to me than to you I would say too blurry and inconclusive to learn much from them, unfortunately.

Thanks for the response. I agree that the resolution is somewhat blurry. I just realized they all sayPeter Paul Rullan,Amir M. Karamin the bottom caption. Thanks again for your input. I hope these help others doing similar research into phenol peels.