Notifications
Clear all

Thinking I may have been low-balled on my first Infini treatment

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 01/04/2020 8:50 pm

Post three weeks subcision/PRP and my dermatologist in England has recommended Infini which I quickly accepted. During the procedure I noticed that Infini did not have that "oomph" or burning flesh sensation that I experienced with Fractora Firm back in 2014. I remember this laser gave me noticeable results in a month but was VERY expensive for one session compared to Infini RF.

Post-session I noticed there were no immediate scabs with Infini compared to Fractora Firm. I spoke with the dermatologist and he said that because of how dark my face was he didn't want to risk hyperpigmenting my skin even further. The needle depth was 3mm around the checks and temples and 1.0 mm on the jawline.

This is probably a stupid question but would the reduction in radio frequency mean a reduced collagen production over time? If so I feel like I just paid an insane amount for a microneedling session.

SIDENOTE: I am of SE Asian background, originally of olive skin tone but my face is practically black from years of sports. My neck, upper arms/legs, and chest are daylight compared to my face. I'm planning to fix this with PicoSure because glutathione, whitening soaps, and Rx strength Hydroquinone has done nothing after repeated sessions over several years.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 01/04/2020 9:58 pm

I don't think you got low-balled. The only way to tell is comparing before and after photos atleast between 5 weeks. 3mm sounds deep but 1mm seems kind of superficial. How many passes, energy settings, pulse duration did they do?

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 01/04/2020 10:14 pm

8 hours ago, joeysk said:

I don't think you got low-balled. The only way to tell is comparing before and after photos atleast between 5 weeks. 3mm sounds deep but 1mm seems kind of superficial. How many passes, energy settings, pulse duration did they do?

He did three passes at 3mm where my scars were the worst (cheeks) but he has yet to tell me the energy setting. I believe the 1 mm was meant for texturing cause I have nasty white spots along my jawline. God, I hate my skin! I'll be sure to take a pic though.