Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
froyosh

When is normal microneedling better than microneedling RF (Infini Genius)

Is RF microneedling always better than traditional microneedling, for whatever types of acne scars?

Traditional microneedling punches the skin rapidly and repeatedly. But RF microneedling inserts needles into skin, release heat and take out. The amount of skin breakdown on surface level is much less than traditional microneedling.

Is there is any circumstances such that traditional microneedling is better? Such as for widespread texture scars (shallow boxcars)?

My surgeon's opinion is that RF is for scar revision, normal needling is for "touch ups" aka my skin is flawless and I want to get rid of microscopic "wrinkles" no one can see.

So on this sub, his opinion would be the answer to your question in regards to scar revision is never, 

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects. I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself. 

On 12/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects. I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself. 

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

7 hours ago, jwebs91 said:

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

No I’m going to hold off on that for now. There are risks with RF needling so just gonna stick to my skincare routine before doing a session of CROSS in a week and a half.

https://www.drcychua.com/acne-scars-can-be-cured/

Hm this doctor claims that

Decision made not to use microneedling RF for scars. This is consistent with many reports online and patient complains from other clinics about these devices having minimal effects on scars. Unless significant improvement made to the technology of microneedling RF for atrophic scars, I predict more and more reports will surface about the inadequacy of this relatively new treatment. Many experienced doctors are already speaking up about it and the false marketing behind the science.

But he is big advocaate of lasers, which sounds weird, what do you think ybout this ?

On 12/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

have u made up your mind about energy devices? thinking of trying infini for some shallow scars...

8 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

have u made up your mind about energy devices? thinking of trying infini for some shallow scars...

Interested in this too. Has anyone had any bad side effects from RF needling?