Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
froyosh

When is normal microneedling better than microneedling RF (Infini Genius)

Recommended Posts

Is RF microneedling always better than traditional microneedling, for whatever types of acne scars?

 

Traditional microneedling punches the skin rapidly and repeatedly. But RF microneedling inserts needles into skin, release heat and take out. The amount of skin breakdown on surface level is much less than traditional microneedling.

 

Is there is any circumstances such that traditional microneedling is better? Such as for widespread texture scars (shallow boxcars)?

Link to post
Share on other sites

My surgeon's opinion is that RF is for scar revision, normal needling is for "touch ups" aka my skin is flawless and I want to get rid of microscopic "wrinkles" no one can see.

So on this sub, his opinion would be the answer to your question in regards to scar revision is never, 

Link to post
Share on other sites

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects. I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects. I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself. 

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jwebs91 said:

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

No I’m going to hold off on that for now. There are risks with RF needling so just gonna stick to my skincare routine before doing a session of CROSS in a week and a half.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.drcychua.com/acne-scars-can-be-cured/

Hm this doctor claims that

Decision made not to use microneedling RF for scars. This is consistent with many reports online and patient complains from other clinics about these devices having minimal effects on scars. Unless significant improvement made to the technology of microneedling RF for atrophic scars, I predict more and more reports will surface about the inadequacy of this relatively new treatment. Many experienced doctors are already speaking up about it and the false marketing behind the science.

 

But he is big advocaate of lasers, which sounds weird, what do you think ybout this ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 12/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects. I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself. 

have u made up your mind about energy devices? thinking of trying infini for some shallow scars...

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SoniaLoveSunflower said:

I read online that microneedling RF has no effect for scar... that true?

Source ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
3 hours ago, SoniaLoveSunflower said:

I read online that microneedling RF has no effect for scar... that true?

I read that too. Improvement is minimal. A friend of mine had RFM for acne scars and he saw no real results after 1 treatment. He was happy at first, saw improvement in the first months or so jut it turned out it was swelling that was masking the scars. 

3 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

 

 

3 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

 

 

Edited by Guest
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

I read that too. Improvement is minimal. A friend of mine had RFM for acne scars and he saw no real results after 1 treatment. He was happy at first, saw improvement in the first months or so jut it turned out it was swelling that was masking the scars. 

 

 

Well you know how this is  try everything, subc, TCA cross, peels, MRF, lasers, combination of this treatments should bring u some improvement, but some people get good improvement from acne scars treatments some dont, for someone 50% improvement is life changing, for some1 its not good enough, it depends . Usually people get 30-40 % improvement from 3 year journey .

Everyone should watch this really , start from 10:15 if you re interested only in acne scars treatment, whole video is quite interesting btw .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been reading about rfm for months, dr.Emil offered it and I am still hesitant.
How much heat should be exactly released not to burn the inner layer of the skin and in the same time to be enough to restart the collagen production? To bring some results?
The Dr should understand precisely what he is doing but how about individual reaction? It is a gamble...

..again for the deep pits it will not work...I only found the positive reviews for the superficial flat scars..

... the more I go through diff treatments the more I think about punch/elliptical excision for separate boxcars might work....again the risk.. learned the topic.. ...if it is minus fattissue in several skin layers you can only cut it out and close the edges.. smoothing the edges with tca gives some result - the scars becomes not so prominent but the floor stays the same.. and 3+ subs done did not lift that floor... .there is a piece of fat tissue eaten by inflammation...

to fill in with the filler is tricky- the filler migrates...and it is extremely diff to do the precise injection under the scar... for the scares area- yes- to plump the whole area but for the individual pit no.. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sibel said:

I have been reading about rfm for months, dr.Emil offered it and I am still hesitant.
How much heat should be exactly released not to burn the inner layer of the skin and in the same time to be enough to restart the collagen production? To bring some results?
The Dr should understand precisely what he is doing but how about individual reaction? It is a gamble...

..again for the deep pits it will not work...I only found the positive reviews for the superficial flat scars..

... the more I go through diff treatments the more I think about punch/elliptical excision for separate boxcars might work....again the risk.. learned the topic.. ...if it is minus fattissue in several skin layers you can only cut it out and close the edges.. smoothing the edges with tca gives some result - the scars becomes not so prominent but the floor stays the same.. and 3+ subs done did not lift that floor... .there is a piece of fat tissue eaten by inflammation...

to fill in with the filler is tricky- the filler migrates...and it is extremely diff to do the precise injection under the scar... for the scares area- yes- to plump the whole area but for the individual pit no.. 

 

Have you thought about doind a test spot? 

I was recommended Rd needling too for my textural issues and shallow boxcar, but I'm scarred. I may try a test spot first. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
On 11/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, Miro said:

Well you know how this is  try everything, subc, TCA cross, peels, MRF, lasers, combination of this treatments should bring u some improvement, but some people get good improvement from acne scars treatments some dont, for someone 50% improvement is life changing, for some1 its not good enough, it depends . Usually people get 30-40 % improvement from 3 year journey .

Everyone should watch this really , start from 10:15 if you re interested only in acne scars treatment, whole video is quite interesting btw .

Sure you are right. 

I'm just saying my friend didn't see any improvement (in the long run) from mrf. He'd done 4x Dermapen before mrf and says at first you see definite results but they diminish with time and I believe him. It's the latest scam of the aesthetic industry. Not worth the money. Or the risks. But each to their own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sisi90 said:Sure you are right. 

I'm just saying my friend didn't see any improvement (in the long run) from mrf. He'd done 4x Dermapen before mrf and says at first you see definite results but they diminish with time and I believe him. It's the latest scam of the aesthetic industry. Not worth the money. Or the risks. But each to their own. 

No its not scam , results are real , but remember that devices like lasers and MRF are not primarly made for acne scars , its skin rejuvenization , lifting is real with this , also your skin will look better and younger, if it works that much for acne scars is questionable , but lets  face it , there are people that tried everything for their scars, spent lot of money and saw minimal or zero improvement 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 minutes ago, Miro said:

No its not scam , results are real , but remember that devices like lasers and MRF are not primarly made for acne scars , its skin rejuvenization , lifting is real with this , also your skin will look better and younger, if it works that much for acne scars is questionable , but lets  face it , there are people that tried everything for their scars, spent lot of money and saw minimal or zero improvement 

I agree with everything you said. There are people who are happy with mrf results. Maybe it also helps with aging issues. 

But for many who do lasers or energy devices and get 0 to 10% improvement it's totally not worth it. At first they experience swelling and think IMG this works, then the scars reappear....

Most treatments deliver realistically very small improvement. Sad, but true. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×