Notifications
Clear all

Should I proceed with Infini after subcision/PRFM?

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 12/10/2019 9:32 pm

Went abroad for five weeks specifically for the purpose of at least one subcision session and one Infini session at a good rate (which I did compared to NYC)

I got sold a plan that I could not object to if I wanted to get treated. It included subcision of the whole face targeting specific rolling and boxcar scars, TCA 100% for icepicks, and adding an upgraded version of PRP called PRFM (Platelet Rich Fibrin Matrix)

According to my dermatologist, PRFM is supposed to be used in lieu of suctioning the scar post Subcision.

My face is 12 hours post Subcision at the time of this writing. It's like I've been attacked by four dozen mosquitoes. My face is oiler and fatter than normal.

Then lo and behold, Davin Lim posts ANOTHER video where he low-key says Infini and other RF devices aren't worth it. His recent views on Infini have been negative compared to subcision and TCA.

I honestly don't know how to proceed. I have Infini scheduled early next year before I leave Korea. Should I get it done? Also, should I just go against my doctor's orders and suction the sh&t out of my subcised scars? People whove had a similar plan offered I'd love to know what was recommend and what you did.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/11/2019 1:35 am

Don't know without seeing pictures. Scars have to be treated differently for different cases. In general manual methods like subcision, filler, and cross produce better results but not in all cases. If you have deep scarring stick to manual methods and do fillers like sculptra. If it's more shallow go with infini.

Also, the PRF thing sounds like marketing and you should still suction after subcision for the best results. It can't hurt you if you don't go crazy with it.

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 12/12/2019 5:00 pm

If you can spare the extra dollars, I would say try out Infini and see how effective it is for you. There are many studies and substantial evidence out there with RF devices for acne scarring. I've had it done several times (in combination with subcision, Sculptra, CROSS). In any case, you may want to first stick with the manual methods, since we first want to "lift" up the scars.

I am not a doctor but I personally would suction. I've heard mixed information on PRP/PRF as a "filler" after subcision.

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 12/13/2019 7:21 pm

On 12/13/2019 at 6:00 AM, slide. said:

If you can spare the extra dollars, I would say try out Infini and see how effective it is for you. There are many studies and substantial evidence out there with RF devices for acne scarring. I've had it done several times (in combination with subcision, Sculptra, CROSS). In any case, you may want to first stick with the manual methods, since we first want to "lift" up the scars.

I am not a doctor but I personally would suction. I've heard mixed information on PRP/PRF as a "filler" after subcision.

Yeah that was my assumption about PRF. But from the literature I've read any filler whether it's your own blood or HA will fade slowly. I went ahead and suctioned my scars using the handpump from OwnDoc and now my face is uglier for the time being.

The bruising is SO much worse when doing subcision-suction as opposed to microneedling-suction. The purple swelling has not died down after three days!