Notifications
Clear all

What would be the best treatment for my scars?

MemberMember
(@merlvg)

Posted : 12/10/2019 7:17 am

Hi, I have had acne since I was about 13 years old and it has worsened over the years. I started accutane around august/september this year and in the beginning my skin kinda improved but the results aren™t as great as me and my dermatologist had expected.

I have a lot of scarring and hyperpigmentation as a result of my severe acne, especially on my cheeks. It really messes with my confidence and you will never see me go out of the house without makeup and with my hair up. My scars aren™t really deep but they make my skin look really weird and textured and it makes my face look saggy as well since the scarring is the most prominent on my cheeks. 

I assume I have icepick scars and rolling scars on my forehead? When i finish the accutane I am planning on doing acne treatment because I have never been more insecure my skin as I am right now. I have no idea if a laser would have any effect? I read a lot about lasers not giving the effect that people want and I™m not willing to spend that much money if that™s the case. Microneedling could be an option as wel but I know a couple people who had that done but the results are disappointing. I also have  2 holes on my nose from a really bad breakout that i have no idea how to get rid of. 

821A3E65-5D67-482E-982E-E0701F82A483.png.341362469afb5ccdba8826e4d4d1c9de.png

268DDE77-1EDB-4B61-8BD1-26EBB323ED6B.png

Just now, merlvg said:

Hi, I have had acne since I was about 13 years old and it has worsened over the years. I started accutane around august/september this year and in the beginning my skin kinda improved but the results aren™t as great as me and my dermatologist had expected.

I have a lot of scarring and hyperpigmentation as a result of my severe acne, especially on my cheeks. It really messes with my confidence and you will never see me go out of the house without makeup and with my hair up. My scars aren™t really deep but they make my skin look really weird and textured and it makes my face look saggy as well since the scarring is the most prominent on my cheeks. 

I assume I have icepick scars and rolling scars on my forehead? When i finish the accutane I am planning on doing acne treatment because I have never been more insecure my skin as I am right now. I have no idea if a laser would have any effect? I read a lot about lasers not giving the effect that people want and I™m not willing to spend that much money if that™s the case. Microneedling could be an option as wel but I know a couple people who had that done but the results are disappointing. I also have  2 holes on my nose from a really bad breakout that i have no idea how to get rid of. 

821A3E65-5D67-482E-982E-E0701F82A483.png.341362469afb5ccdba8826e4d4d1c9de.png

268DDE77-1EDB-4B61-8BD1-26EBB323ED6B.png

E771B551-FC3E-4F81-B7AD-F2C5AC7252ED.png

3997DF0E-1D1A-49DF-A5AE-226E07E429C2.png

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/10/2019 7:51 pm

the standard subcision+suction, TCA or phenol cross, and microneedling should help. Do each of them atleast3 times.

You can do all these treatement at once or separately, depending on the doctor. Give 6-8 weeks between subcisions, and 6-8 weeks between Crosses. Microneedle can be done monthly.

You can do your own microneedling by buying a derminator if you wish to save money.

chinese cupping set can be bought through Amazon. See faq on how to do it.