Notifications
Clear all

Any recommendations for my acne?

MemberMember
(@haimovfids)

Posted : 12/02/2019 10:00 am

Im 20, male. My acne problem improved so much since being a teen, but I still have some red spots around my forehead and occasional on my cheeks.

im washing my face with Neutrogena grapefruit salicylic acid 2% twice a day...and thats it.

I want to start a regimen. I want to mention that I was never able to use benzoyl peroxide because it causes my eyes to be puffy. It doesnt matter is its 10%, 5%, 2.5%, or even a face wash containing it. Also, my skin is more on the dry side I think. I am lactose intolerant and I dont consume any dairy whatsoever.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 12/02/2019 3:14 pm

Hi, Have you tried Differin? I had persistent low-grade acne and it has completely gone after 20 years of dealing with it! I'd tried all sorts before. I also find that BP is too drying and doesn't let my skin heal, so I only use to spot treat in the rare instance of a hormonal spot. I have just started using doublebase as a moisturiser also and it's perfect!

MemberMember
(@haimovfids)

Posted : 12/02/2019 4:04 pm

49 minutes ago, Foodforthought said:

Hi, Have you tried Differin? I had persistent low-grade acne and it has completely gone after 20 years of dealing with it! I'd tried all sorts before. I also find that BP is too drying and doesn't let my skin heal, so I only use to spot treat in the rare instance of a hormonal spot. I have just started using doublebase as a moisturiser also and it's perfect!

Where do you buy it?

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 12/05/2019 4:25 pm

On 12/2/2019 at 6:04 PM, Haimovfids said:

Where do you buy it?

I get it from online pharmacies, as it's OTC but pharmacist needs to authorise.

MemberMember
(@margae)

Posted : 12/13/2019 1:11 am

I suggest you try products with glycolic acid and if you can do weekly, try applying fullers earth, bentonite or french green clay mask as an anti acne treatment too.

MemberMember
(@coolcrack)

Posted : 12/14/2019 3:41 am

Hello. I had suffered from Acne all my life, and im 29, and now even though my skin is not perfect, im over it. Follow these below points and you'll be fine :

1. The main cause of acne and related issues are due to Stress, Junk foods, poor lifestyle.

2. Before starting any treatments for acne, remove all negative thoughts, believe you can heal it.

3. Maintain a good diet, remove all junk foods, soft drinks, have lots of water, fruits, vegetables. Always try to have freshly cooked food. Excercise, sweat, everyday.

3. Read good self help books, listen to people who are successfull - through youtube - learn about their struggles in life. Keep away from people who put you down in life.

4. If you do all these things, half the battle is won with Acne. I have done it.

5. Now, find the best dermatologist near you, talk to him, discuss your problem, and just follow his advice.

6. Keep your hands always clean with a good handwash, its very important, keep a good face wash and a kerchiefwith you always, and keep your face neat and clean.

7. Practice meditation, keep trying, always believe u will succeed, dont listen to people who tell you - you cant do anything. Coz they are the losers.. Not you!

If you need any help, contact me.. I have used almost all medications, treatments and everything... I know this..