Notifications
Clear all

Haematoma following subcision

MemberMember
(@ben_stokes)

Posted : 11/05/2019 1:05 pm

I had subcision around 10 weeks ago. Generally pleased with the results but a persistent haematoma developed around the area with the most aggressive subcision. It is slightly raised above the skin level so I'm keen for it to go. I understand that organised haematoma is a known side effect. Is that what I'm dealing with here or might it still shrink with time?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/06/2019 8:38 am

19 hours ago, Ben_Stokes said:

I had subcision around 10 weeks ago. Generally pleased with the results but a persistent haematoma developed around the area with the most aggressive subcision. It is slightly raised above the skin level so I'm keen for it to go. I understand that organised haematoma is a known side effect. Is that what I'm dealing with here or might it still shrink with time?

Hi,

it could be some kind of organized haematoma, yes, it's a common adverse reaction after subcision. I've also had such a 'lump' after one subcision, which disappeared in a month or so. 10 weeks is a bit longer. Not unusual though. It still could dissolve on its own. Do you massage it gently every day? Exercise regularly? That's what helped me. My dermatologist had also told me that if the lump doesn't disappear on its own, he would inject it with cortisone. So, my advice would be to see your derm and discuss it with him.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 11/09/2019 1:26 pm

I had hematoma last 7-8 weeks after nokor subs. They do go away, Ice as often as you can, arnica gel, arnica pills.