Notifications
Clear all

Acne-scarring

MemberMember
(@danielenstrom)

Posted : 10/30/2019 11:50 am

What type of scars do i have, what type of treatment plan would you suggest and how big of a difference could i expect to make?

18992E48-28C1-4382-A7A0-05A36A2FAD84.jpeg

MemberMember
(@peacefulentity)

Posted : 10/30/2019 1:33 pm

First thing before doing any treatments at home is you should get subcision

Then start priming your skin with AHA/BHA if you want to do chemical peels in the future. Get the derminator (Dermaneedling device) which will help a lot with scarring.

Get finacea(azelaic acid), this helps reduce (PIE/redness), helped me a lot. And its mild and won't cause any drying effects etc but will also help with acne.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 10/31/2019 8:33 pm

I see a lot of active acne. need to clear it first. Do whatever you have to Accutane, topical etc. Scars themselves don't look that bad.

freshman liked
MemberMember
(@freshman)

Posted : 11/01/2019 12:58 pm

Scars don't look bad at all. Don't do anything you'll regret. I wouldn't do any invasive procedures if I were you. Like joeysk said, focus on clearing your acne.

MemberMember
(@merigold)

Posted : 11/03/2019 7:29 pm

If you haven't already you should read through the Official Ance Scar thread that is pinned. It gives loads of helpful information, including which treatments to try first. I am not a doctor, but it looks like your scars are a mix of rolling and boxcar scars. Some appear to be deep and you may have some tethering.

I have been trying to fix my scars for a long time. It is easy to find very inexperienced doctors who just want to make money by selling you laser treatments! Educate yourself as much as possible before purchasing something.

And I agree with the others, you should address you current acne first. Good luck!