Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GrubbyEight

Eucerin Adjunctive Soothing Cream - Advertised as moisturizer for Benzoyl Peroxide

Hello,

I've recently stumbled upon Eucerin DERMOPURE Adjunctive Soothing Cream. It claims to be an excellent moisturizer to use alongside Benzoyl Peroxide or Accuane treatments.

BUT, according to this website (https://www.skincarisma.com/products/eucerin/dermopure-adjunctive-soothing-cream/ingredient_list#info-section) it contains ingredients that will very likely cause acne. (Isopropyl Palmitate)

Why would they include Isopropyl Palmitate if it causes acne?   Eucerin is a very big brand, so I don't really understand how they cannot see this is a bad choice?

Maybe I'm overreacting? I really wanna use this but I'm scared it will make my acne worse, on top of this there are also ingredients that cause fungal acne...

Edited by GrubbyEight

Update: I've read up on the ingredient and I've found out that if it is used with enough water, it shouldn't be too pore-clogging (apparently, don't take my word on it).

Source: https://www.leaf.tv/articles/what-are-the-dangers-of-isopropyl-palmitate/

"Although presumed to be generally safe for cosmetic use when diluted, the ingredient is highly comedogenic when not diluted and should be avoided by those with oily skin."

Edited by GrubbyEight