Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lightbulb01

Reintroducing Retin-A after TCA Cross Timeline?

Hi folks, first time poster, 

I recently had TCA cross performed about 3 weeks ago. I've always had acne, but manage to get it controlled using retin-A.  Since then, I stop using Retin-A, but getting minor acne flare up (not a lot). How long should I wait to reintroduce Retin-A into my routine again? The scabs have fallen off between day 7-10, and there slight redness in the treated scars, which is expected.  I understand that collagen is what remodels and flattens the scar and wondering if Retin-A would interfere. 

Thanks in advance for your advise folks!

Cheers,

Call your doctor he or she is in charge of after care. I usually wait 2-3 weeks before any products after CROSS.

Thanks for your response!

@joeys The provider was aware of my regimen and said 2 weeks should be sufficient to restart my product, but when I was recounting her statement, I realized that it was lil vague and wanted to double check specifically for retin-A. Unfortunately, she's out on vacation so haven't been able to get in contact with her. 

@cookingENG The areas are a little red only where the scabs fell off, but they're not raw, irritated (aren't sensitive or sting), nor inflamed. They're just dark reddish hyperpigmentation-like.

Cheers,

LightBulb

sounds like its healing great, i wouldnt put retin a on it for a month after but you can apply to the rest of the face

keep the area treated moist