Notifications
Clear all

Is aloe vera antifungal?

MemberMember
(@dovahkiin)

Posted : 07/25/2019 4:27 am

Hello everyone, I have fungal acne and I've been using only tea tree oil for a certain amount of time and my skinis going better. I can see some damaged parts of my skin and I was considering using aloe vera for recovery of my skin. Is aloe vera safe for antifungal acne because I don't know if it feeds fungus?

MemberMember
(@dee-dee-2)

Posted : 08/04/2019 12:01 pm

It is antifungal but its only really effective for certain strains of fungi. That being said, I dont believe it would encourage fungal growth though.

Ive tried aloe on my own skin and I found it to be very drying. Everyones skin is different though.

Have you tried Micatin or Nizoral for your acne? If itsindeed caused by a fungus, eithershould clear it up.

If you wish to stay natural, grape seed extract is very effective against Candida . Perhaps you can find it suspended in a liquid or maybe add grape seed extract powder to a light cream you know your skin agrees with? Olive oil is also effective against yeast (Candida I believe) but it can cause acne on its own so maybe something to experiment with?

Zinc oxide is also a decent antifungal when nano particles are used. Neem oil is said to be a very potent antifungal so perhaps this would be an effective and natural solution for you.

I hope you can find something helpful in my reply. Please let me know if you find something that really works for you.

All the best!!