Notifications
Clear all

Atrophic scarring treatment help!

MemberMember
(@azzameria)

Posted : 06/26/2019 3:50 pm

I'm confused as to what treatments would be the most beneficial for my atrophic scars. I have already booked an appointment to see a dermatologist next month, but I also consulted a med spa, which recommended me fraxel and microneedling. However, would those treatments address, what I believe are, my boxcar scars? I also have some colorless lumps under my skin on my jawline that I know aren't acne, but have no clue what they are. They've been there for months - could they be hypertrophic scarring? I would really appreciate any help I can get; I am so confused by all the treatments that are available and don't know which one I should pursue.

IMG_1999.jpg

IMG_1998.jpg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/27/2019 2:44 pm

@azzameria

Thanks you for including your picture and background info that is helpful 😉

The first thing that strikes me about your skin is hyperpigmentation or PIE redness - wounding, I don't know if you have Rosacea but I see this firstly. Inflammation. For your case I would see a practitioner for pulse dye laser to deal with this. Could help with the inflammation as well. Lookup comedone acne, rosacea, fungal acne, or hormonal acne. See if any of those fit.

Try a antifungal soap like ketoconazole on your face at home, get extractions or a hydro peel to clean things up.

You have:
Box cars, icepicks, and a few rolling scars.

[Content removed]

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.