Notifications
Clear all

Old acne scarring in indian male

MemberMember
(@luckyelephant)

Posted : 06/26/2019 12:06 pm

Hi all,

I think it is fantastic how an online community exists solely to advise and help each other out with this terrible disease! I have read the stickies on general scar advice but I would be extremely grateful if any experienced member could advise me further.

I am a 26 indian male living in the UK. I have had terrible cystic acne from 13-17 and eventually started Accutane which worked miracles. I™ve been lucky and relatively acne-free since Accutane but the scars persist. The hyperpigmentation has mostly faded.

I am not looking for a quick fix, I am not looking for expensive treatments. I am very realistic and am looking to improve the general appearance of my skin, soften the scars and even the tone. My research suggests topical retinol and peels would be helpful but I do not want anything too drastic! 

Thank you for reading and I look forward to some advice!! DCEADCEF-D596-468B-A552-7BF4F821C39D.jpeg.2f4534e6871a1eba008c663e0345d4bd.jpeg53822A1B-ED46-4DB9-AC75-E0A2127B5A73.jpeg.f5d8056652aa8b4c41e7aba4368fb512.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/26/2019 12:17 pm

@LuckyelephantHi there, thanks for including your pictures helpful

You have lots of boxcars, icepicks, and surface issues, and some hyperpigmentation.

You have a few options, one is to see Dr Anil who is in the UK, he is more generalized. The other is to see Dr H consults in the UK, ... he uses energy devices more and is more aggressive, and the ever popular Dr Emil in Denmark a cheap Ryanair flight away is who many see.

I gave you a full plan below, everything is optional. Some only do one or two Dr's treatments a year. As you stipulated cost you will be doing a majority of peels monthly and Derminator(Google it) at home, alternating monthly between your Dr's treatments. TCA Cross is cheap though and subcision. You will reach a point with box cars that if you do not do energy devices(We do this at the end of treatment), then results will be limited.

** Please Note I offer to acne scar suffers a "more" "customized" (private) consultation than the above general advice. Analysis, answering questions, ongoing support by Private Messaging. Feel free to message me there. Be patient as I can get over 100+ of the worst acne scar cases to help, it "may" take me up to 48 hours to respond.

Checkout the main scar treatments sub, find the FAQ pinned on top there, goto the bottom, there are Dr's or call around and ask who does cannula subcision or nokor subcision (needle type) to dermatologists and or plastic surgeons, consult a few before you decide who you like, even if you have to pay as treatment is expensive, better like them. Ask how many subcisions they do a month and if they treat your skin type. If they just do laser run they will just blast you and not solve your issue.

Disclaimer: Information and support is not meant to diagnosis, treatment, or cure any health or mental condition and is not a substitute for professional face to face medical care (consult with a few Dr's and pick your favorite one). Posts are for informational purposes only, please consult your personal health care practitioner before engaging in anything discussed.