Notifications
Clear all

Direct excision

MemberMember
(@mercuryyy)

Posted : 06/23/2019 10:38 am

Planning to do direct excision with cosmetic surgeon , and he explain to me what are the risks . I tried several session of subcision but very little improvement on my temple.  @beautifulambition Do you think boxscars are good for direct excision ? 

Screenshot_20190623-233427.png

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 06/23/2019 2:13 pm

@MercuryyyNo I think you would do best with punch excision or punch float. See the Faq at the main scar treatments sub, pinned there, find the excision section.

Please note like anything surgical there can be side effects, and you say he told you them great. 100% of the sucess relies on his skill and how you heal. This is a delicate area with thin skin. I would Get botox!!!! You don't want movement when healing. Also if it's concerning to you then do a test spot with once or two and then do the rest depending with how you do. When you say direct ex.... it makes me think he will just cut them out. Make sure he knows his geometric closures and ask please how many he has done and for pictures of similar cases. What is the after care, all that. IT's always best to see 3 practitioners and pick the one you like best.

I never recommend as this is a public post excision first. I could get improvement on you without it, it would take year(s) sounds like you want a quicker method. You need aggressive subcision, paint on tca to the boxcars, filler, rf needling and co2 laser to soften the transition of the scars,. But the choice is yours and you know the risks like any surgery (that is on the face in direct view). Now that you do surgery will will still need laser work after you heal and there will be discoloration.

- Goodluck on your treatment.