Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Estefanio11

My story (THERE IS HOPE)

Hi good people, i'm going to keep it brief and straight to the point.
My acne got really bad around 2016 and by the end of the year i had two deep pitted scars on each side of my chin, in the middle, so it made me look so gaunt and like a heroin addict or something, this was the beginning of the worst 3 years of my life where i physically almost couldnt leave my house, i lost all my friends, couldnt keep a job, my substance abuse got really bad and was suicidal all this time.
Now after 3 subcisons, first one with a filler, next one with a fat graft  and the third one using subcision and suction method, (using a suction device to keep skin elevated while healing) and also now 2 frational laser treatments, Its the first day today in years where i woke up looked in the mirror and finally feel free, like now there are options i can pursue and i am no longer cripled by this. If i could go back 3 or 4 years back i would tell myself to visit a derm sooner and dont trust all these articles that tell you all the possible causes, when i took doxycycline it instantly got better. And because of all this i developed a litteral phobia of cameras, and a few weeks ago my friends invited me to a photoshoot with a very large brand here where i live, and it turned out to be a huge success and a huge step forward to overcome my fears.
Anyways this is my story, hopefully it gives you hope, Main points are look up Subcision + Suction method, and find a skilled dermatology place where they do laser, one of my biggest mistakes was going to an aesthetician to do a dermapen, she was way to harsh and it left a lot of small icepick scars, but they arent a problem so much after fractional laser.

May you be blessed on your journey to healing, there is always hope for improvement!