Notifications
Clear all

Anyone else have acne everywhere else except cheeks and forehead??

MemberMember
(@tiredofacneee)

Posted : 06/16/2019 8:48 am

So last year I suddenly broke out horribly after about 2.5 years of being relatively clear, and it has persisted until now despite me trying everything. The thing is, my forehead and cheeks are pretty much completely clear!!! Except for two under the skin pimples I got on my left cheek in Jan that are still there but they don™t bother me as much because my cheeks are smooth and have never really broken out. However, I have acne between my eyebrows plus on and around my nose. The WORST ones though are the area between my mouth and nose, all around my mouth even sometimes on my lipline, and cystic acne on my chin. Does anyone else only have acne specifically around these areas and how should I combat this, I™m desperate! Everywhere i look majority of people deal with acne on their cheeks, with their mouth and nose area being clear especially on Instagram and I hardly see anyone with acne only all along the centre of their face like mine, so it™s really hard to relate :( I still have PIE and discolouration from over 8 months ago plus persistent breakouts still. 

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/16/2019 7:47 pm

Tiredof...

You probably now have fungal acne, not ordinary acne, and that why the regime for ordinary acne is not clearing your "acne". Fungal acne occurs where you have "acne" because these areas are moist.

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds. You can get rid of the fungal acne by doing the following -

1. Buy clotrimazole topical antifungal cream and apply it to the areas with "acne" 2-3 times a day. Topical antifungal creams are TOTALLY safe and some/most (depending on country) are available without a prescription.

2. Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo.

3. Do NOT apply any moisturisers or organic oils to the areas with acne. fungus loves moisture.

If you get back to me with answers to the questions below, I can provide targeted information to control your "acne" ..

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following (as well as the acne) - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, "brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

I am happy to hear back from you.

MemberMember
(@tiredofacneee)

Posted : 06/16/2019 9:37 pm

1 hour ago, Aussie Scientist said:

Have you taken antibiotics or other meds. If you have taken antibiotics, which ones ?

Do you have one or more of the following (as well as the acne) - white coating on your tongue, dandruff, flaking skin, toenail fungus, itchy and/or painful skin, red rash/es, unexplained tiredness, headaches, "brain fog", stomach or gut problems, sinus problems.

Hi @Aussie Scientist thank you so much for your response.

I've only taken doxycycline for a month in January then stopped and haven't taken any meds since. Apart from that I only sometimes have flaking skin and my face in general is very red as it's sensitive, like I get redness on my nose everyday for no reason, sometimes even if I just gently touch it

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/17/2019 12:09 am

Tiredof

Flaking and red sensitive skin are signs of fungal outbreaks. Therefore, you probably have fungal acne.

I strongly suggest that you follow the regime that I suggested in my previous post to clear your "acne".

Also, buy some topical cream or ointment with polymixin in it, if you can get it without a prescription (try to get a polymixin cream or ointment without any organic oils in it - mineral oils such vaseline are OK, because fungus cannot feed on mineral oils), and apply that to the areas with acne along with the clotrimazole antifungal cream.

Polymixin is antifungal, and it will also control gram negative bacteria which cause "acne" in people after they take "cycline" antibiotics. Cycline antibiotics kill gram positive bacteria (which cause ordinary acne) but they do not kill gram negative bacteria, or fungi, and these proliferate and cause "acne" after the person has taken a cycline antibiootic (or any antbiotic in the case of fungal acne.)

Fungus acne and gram negative bacteria often occur together and cause "acne".

You should start to see positive results in a week or two. If no results are 10 days ot so, I'll provide advice on some other antifungal creams to try. Different fungi respond to different antifungal creams. Clotrimazole cream is a broad spectrum antifungal cream and is the best one to start with.

Which county are you in ?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

MemberMember
(@tiredofacneee)

Posted : 06/17/2019 9:43 am

@Aussie Scientistthank you again for your detailed response. I finally feel like I have something to go on! Im actually from Singapore, so the tropical and humid weather coupled with my oily skin gives me more reason to believe that it may be fungal after all! If in the case that it turns out to be acne anyway instead of fungal, will the creams make my condition worse? Ill look into buying the creams ASAP!

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 06/17/2019 7:07 pm

Tiredof

The antifungal cream/s will not make the acne worse, if you have ordinary acne.

Start by applying the clotrimazole antifungal cream and see how things go with that (plus wash your hair in antidandruff shampoo). If no response apply the polymixin ointment (which might be greasy, but don't worry about that) with the clotrimazole cream.

If no response to that combination, buy some antifungal crram with terbenafine in it (often sold as Lamisil) and apply that together with the other two creams.

If you cannot get cream/ointment with polymixin in it, then buy the terbenafine cream and apply it with the clotrimazole cream, if no response to the clotrimazole cream after a week or 10 days.

You are right - hot humid weather creates perfect conditions for fungus.

I look forward to hearing how things go.