Notifications
Clear all

Can anybody help me to clean my 7 years old acne?

MemberMember
(@nary78)

Posted : 05/18/2019 1:24 pm

Im 21 i took isotertinon 2 times but after finish it all acne come back.

My skin get worse when my period is near i took hormonal exam and everything is ok.

I have no idea why i have these

MemberMember
(@nary78)

Posted : 05/18/2019 1:44 pm

20190518_223110.jpg.72e4355c03088184a05ed2a66c2caf09.jpg

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/18/2019 11:28 pm

You possibly have fungal acne NOT ordinary acne. Have you taken antibiotics ? (antibiotics CAUSE fungal acne). Do you have dandruff and/or seborhheic dermatitis/flaking skin? Do you have a white tongue ? If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide information that will possibly/likely solve your problem.

In the meantime, buy some topical antifungal cream with terbenafine in it (sold as lamisil in some countries) if you can get it without a prescription, and apply that to the affected areas. If you cannot get an antifungal cream with terbenafine, buy some clotrimazle antifungal cream (sold as canesten in some countries) and apply that to the areas with the acne.

Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo, preferably one with climbazole (not to be confused with clotrimazole) in it.

Do NOT use ANY moisturiser or organic oils on your skin as organic oils in moisturisers FEED the fungus, that I suspect is causing your "acne". Keep your skin vey dry apart from aplying the topical antifunga cream.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

MemberMember
(@nary78)

Posted : 05/19/2019 3:45 am

4 hours ago, Aussie Scientist said:

You possibly have fungal acne NOT ordinary acne. Have you taken antibiotics ? (antibiotics CAUSE fungal acne). Do you have dandruff and/or seborhheic dermatitis/flaking skin? Do you have a white tongue ? If you get back to me with answers to these questions, I can provide information that will possibly/likely solve your problem.

In the meantime, buy some topical antifungal cream with terbenafine in it (sold as lamisil in some countries) if you can get it without a prescription, and apply that to the affected areas. If you cannot get an antifungal cream with terbenafine, buy some clotrimazle antifungal cream (sold as canesten in some countries) and apply that to the areas with the acne.

Wash your hair in an antidandruff shampoo, preferably one with climbazole (not to be confused with clotrimazole) in it.

Do NOT use ANY moisturiser or organic oils on your skin as organic oils in moisturisers FEED the fungus, that I suspect is causing your "acne". Keep your skin vey dry apart from aplying the topical antifunga cream.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you for your answer.
No i dont have a dandruff but my skin is so oily. My tongue as you said some time is white but most of the time is red and normal.

I can buy clotrimazle and try. You mean i never use any moisturiser and keep my skin always dry? I have heard in this situation sebom gland secrete more oil and it cause more acne.

MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/19/2019 8:12 pm

Nary 78.

I doubt that you have ordinary acne. Instead you have fungal acne. Fungal acne is completely different from ordinary acne. If you don't have dandruff and you do sometimes have a white tongue, then your skin problems are most likely caused by candida fungus.

Fungus LOVES moisture, so apply the clotrimazole cream and keep you skin dry, apart from the clotrimazole cream.

Also use an antidandruff shampoo to wash your hair (and your face also, if the shampoo is not too irritating).

Nystatin cream is better at controlling candida fungal acne than clotrimazole cream.

Nonetheless, start by applying the clotrimazole cream (2-3 times a day) because it is a broad spectrum antifungal cream, and it has some antibacterial activity. If the acne-like symptoms do not improve after a few days, buy some nystatin cream (mycostatin is one brand) if you can get that without a prescription, and use that, maybe alternating with the clotrimazole cream.

I look forward to hearing how things go after a few days of applying the antifungal cream. and using the antifungal shampoo.

MemberMember
(@whiskey1)

Posted : 05/25/2019 7:15 am

Hi, I wouldn't take any notice of that Aussie scientist person. He/She tends to say the same thing about fungal acne on every single post. But you should probably see your dermatologist about what's going on and they can hopefully sort it out!

Nary78 liked
MemberMember
(@aussie-scientist)

Posted : 05/25/2019 9:47 pm

Whiskey and Nary

I ONLY suggest fungal acne as the cause when people have chronic acne that does not respond to treatment for ordinary acne. The questions that I ask people are to work out whether he person has candida or malasezzia - both of which cause fungal acne.

I have solved several people's skin problems by suggesting that they try treatments for fungal acne.

Given that treatments for fungal acne are totally safe, and are cheap and readily available, it makes sense to try using topical antifungals for CHRONIC acne that does not respond to ordinary acne treatments. Untreeated fungal acne (or fungal acne treated as though it is ordinary acne) goes cystic and is VERY hard to get rid of.

Dematologists do NOT understand fungal acne, at all and they virtually never realise that people have it. They prescribe treatments for ordinary acne (antibiotics etc) which make the problem worse and worse.

Fungal acne is caused by taking antibiotics and some other meds birth control pills, prednisone, possibly accutane).

If you have chronic acne that does not respond to treatments for ordinary acne then it makes sense to apply antifungal cream, preferably targeted for the particular fungus that is causing the problem (which can be worked out from the other symptoms - dandruff, white tongue etc).

MemberMember
(@lizzieswellness)

Posted : 05/08/2022 8:10 am

Most people suffer from acne on and off for several years before their symptoms improve as they age. When a person is in their mid-20s, acne usually goes away. Acne can persist into adulthood in some cases.

6 Quick Ways to Get Rid of Pimples

1. Applying Ice to a Pimple
  2. Apply a Crushed Aspirin Paste to the Pimple. Use an Acne Spot Treatment that is available over the counter.
  3. To conceal pimples, apply makeup containing salicylic acid.
  4. Use an Acne Face Mask.
  5. Get a Cortisone Injection to Get Rid of a Pimple Fast.