Notifications
Clear all

HELP! What kind of acne scars do I have?

MemberMember
(@jolitaaa3)

Posted : 05/13/2019 4:13 pm

Hi everyone,

Can someone please tell me what kind of acne scars I have? I struggled with them since a young age. I had dermapen treatments before, but it didn't do a lot in my opinion. Maybe I didn't have enough sessions (4/5 maybe) or the needles weren't long enough. Any other recommendations? Kind of scared for laser treatments (and the price tag doesn't attract me either). I'm doubting whether I should do dermapen sessions again in combination with peelings... I would love to hear what you guys think!

Thank you so much!

FDD577E0-D8B8-463F-A38F-CA2B36A5EFF2.jpeg

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 05/13/2019 7:16 pm

Looks like enlarged pores to me, maybe some scarred pores. Yes chemical peeling is better for this, you can combine it with dermapen (1 of the other every month).

MemberMember
(@anish004)

Posted : 05/14/2019 1:50 am

sorry to interfere...but you know most of people on this earth have this skin texture....and its the real and normal texture of skin of human not the plastic face u see on tvs which is created by makeups and concealers

these are not scars...dont touch them

just go on google and search celebrities ultracloseup pics..u will see same skin texture.

MemberMember
(@jolitaaa3)

Posted : 05/14/2019 4:43 am

Thank you for your messages!

Maybe you can see it better in this picture. I know it™s not the worst but there are multiple small scars visible and can definitely see them in real life... I was wondering how I can make these small pitted scars less visible instead of wearing tons of makeup to cover them. Thank you! 

5E0082FB-BC2F-4F82-8636-FFD084894ECA.jpeg

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/14/2019 10:13 am

@jolitaaa3What specifically bugs you. Large / scarred - icepick -pores?

For large or scarred pores there is no 100% solution, as you read above everyone's face has some pores to it. Some treatments that help are tca cross to the larger scarred pores. Clear and brilliant many treatments(11) with multiple passes over the pores. Glycolic peels and microneedling is worth trying at home first.

Perhaps try the DIY at home option first. I really don't see your skin as being a issue or needling treatmentunless perhaps the picture does not show me the scars properly.

MemberMember
(@jolitaaa3)

Posted : 05/14/2019 12:00 pm

@beautifulambition thank you so much for your response! My main concern are the more bigger scars on my forehead. Even with make up on you can tell these are pitlike scars. The big pores I can cover more easily...

I have some questions, it would be awesome if you could answer them:

-Do you think the bigger ones look like scared pores or like ice picked scars? I try to take better pictures but it™s kinda hard haha. I will post another one here. 

-What do you mean by this sentence:

˜Clear and brilliant many treatments (11) with multiple passes over the pores.™

-Do you think peeling of dermarolling will also work on old acne scars (couple of years)?

-Can I use retinol by The Ordinary instead of glycolic peel? 

Thank you so much!

7E9CD170-FCBA-48F9-A524-45DF42B7A900.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jolitaaa3)

Posted : 05/15/2019 2:24 am

@beautifulambition I think something went wrong with tagging. Can you please read my post above this one. :) 

MemberMember
(@beautifulambition)

Posted : 05/15/2019 8:38 am

@jolitaaa3Thank you for your patience, it takes me 24 hrs to respond. I had to deal with a very tough matter on the forums.

You have large pores and mini box cars. These are very mild scars, most would not even touch them but if you have the time and money...

Microneedle and do glycolic peels at home. use a retinoid nightly.

TCA Cross can be done on some of the spots.

Laser can also smooth out the transition of the boxcars(optional).

jolitaaa3What specifically bugs you. Large / scarred - icepick -pores?

For large or scarred pores there is no 100% solution, as you read above everyone's face has some pores to it. Some treatments that help are tca cross to the larger scarred pores. Clear and brilliant many treatments(11) with multiple passes over the pores. Glycolic peels and microneedling is worth trying at home first.

Perhaps try the DIY at home option first. I really don't see your skin as being a issue or needling treatmentunless perhaps the picture does not show me the scars properly.